25 | will + henry

--

--

Will was restless, he didn't know what to expect at all. It was unlike him as he preoccupied his mind by rubbing his hands together, he wasn't as young as he once was and he felt veins under his skin stick out and the tough skin on the palm of his hands.

Henry, in turn, was starting to feel some of his father's energy. Except it manifested in himself as him being unable to keep his feet still and in turn the wood making up the port creaked under him.

"Son, would you stop that." Will asked looking at the wood up to Henry.

"Sorry," He murmured under his breath and then with a sudden burst of nervous energy he turned to Will, "Are you sure you want to do this? Now?"

Henry prayed the answer would be yes, but he needed reassurance that this was what his father wanted. Will walked over and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Of course, I want to do this. I mean you have talked enough about them," Will jokingly pushed Henry slightly and his son couldn't help but go red slightly. Will looked out to the oncoming ship that you were on, completely unaware that Henry has brought his father to welcome you back home, "I just hope she isn't like your mother."

Henry raised an eyebrow, unsure if he really wanted to hear the reasoning behind the statement, "Do I want to know..."

"If she is like your mother then I won't get a second looking, they won't be able to take their hand off you."

The only thing Henry could do was laugh awkwardly and try not to picture the event in his parents youth.

"They'll love you." Henry told his father but keeping his gaze on the ship that seemed to him to be sailing incredibly slowly yet fast at the same time.

"As long as they love my son, I don't care what they think of me." It wasn't exactly a lie, it was just an over exaggerated version of the truth.

Your ship was nearly ready to dock and the the crowd around them was reading itself to receive the passengers. It was a happy atmosphere yet tense for the Turners. They didn;t have anything to say to each other as they watched behind a wall of people as the ship docked and the first people disembarked.

Henry had told Will how you hated the crowds and were one of the last people to leave the ship but this didn't stop the piercing gaze of Will Turner to turn to everybody leaving in turn.

Time had passed on and WIll turned to Henry, "Are you sure?"

Henry cut his father off with an outstretched hand and the grin on his face spreading even further than WIll thought was possible.

Will saw you. He could tell it was you the second he heard a laugh come from your mouth as yu almost slipped on the board connecting the boat to the port. Lucky a younger porter had grabbed your hand and steadied you. Henry laughed as he knew how the heat must have risen to your cheekbones as it always does when you get embarrassed.

These were what the Turners looked like as they watched you graciously thank your escort, mock curtseying to him so you wouldn't feel so alone in your embarrassment. It worked and you savoured that interaction for a little bit, fully expecting to be spending the rest of your day alone.

Then you saw Henry and nothing else. He was already striding towards you with his arms beginning to outstretch and you fell into them as soon as he was close enough.

"I missed you so much." You said with your eyes closed and only the feeling of his cotton collar on your cheek.

Henry replied but tightening his grip and gently pulling his fingers through your hair. Both of you let yourselves cherish the moment a little longer before remembering where you were stood.

"There is someone who wants to meet you," He said as he delicately took your hand and lead you down the dock. Will watched the couple come towards him and although his face did not give any emotion away, it was his eyes that began to shine with a pride he had never felt before, "This is my father."

The nervous energy Henry had overcome now overcame you and you struggled to find anything to say or do, the only action you could control was squeezing your grip on Henry's hand a little firmer.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." You told Will trying to be as courteous and civil as you possibly could.

"The pleasure is all mine," Will replied and he looked at his son and the look of a proud father never seemed so powerful, "She is just like your mother, Henry. Just like her."