19 | jack

---

---

The first thing that struck you as the pirate was lead before you with his blackened hands chained in front of him and the creak of chains at his feet was his confidence. He knew that he commanded the rooms attention so after a brief glance at him you decided to ignore him.

Hiding your face behind the large rim of your hat, you picked up a juicy peach from the long dinner table you sat at. You watched as he was lead to the opposite side, he was just close enough so you could decode any of his emotions but he was oblivious to any of yours. Just the way you liked it.

"Am I going to be graced with an introduction?" He moved his arms to reach the grapes in front of him but his chains stoped him. You gave off a small laugh and took a large bite of the peach, it was juicy and sweet, "Better be careful with that,"

A trail of juice trailed down your chin and Jack saw it. He suddenly began to notice the softness of your cheeks and the contrast of your pink lips and the glimpses of your skin he could see. His eyebrows furrowed as you wiped the liquid with the back of your hand, "It's a bit - messy,"

You licked your lips before taking a larger bite and then you leaned your elbows on the table. Jack was intrigued as he mimicked you by leaning forward and trying to peer under your veil. It was tempting the pirate and he wasn't very good at hiding it.

"Does my companion have a name?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, he couldn't strain any further forward even if he tried.

Smiling to yourself, you turned your attention to one of the sailors standing by the side of the table and nodded to them. He cleared his throat and Jack's attention flicked to him in a second but it was only a second later when he glanced back at you.

"This is Rear Admiral Y/L/N, the highest position on this town." He was happy to talk on your behalf and the admirable tone of his voice pleased you. Jack Sparrow can know the name of the best sailor in the fleet so then he can learn to fear it.

"Rear Admiral huh? Rear of what may I ask?" Jack laughed at his own joke but feel silent when he saw you put down your peach and reach for your wine glass. Bringing it to your mouth meant Jack tried to see more of your features, his chains rattled again and you stopped just before the red wine reached your lips.

"Sorry," Jack leant back in his seat, "By all means, carry on. I'll have a glass of that as well if it's going."

You downed the liquid in one gulp and wiped your lips on the back of your hand, "It's not Sparrow."

The pirate wasn't very good at hiding his surprise after you spoke, his eyebrows furrowed and his mouth parted slightly before his senses kicked in. Then a wicked grin played across his face.

"There should be a captain in there, somewhere Y/L/N." He replied.

You finally looked up at him and caught his eyes, "And there should be a Rear Admiral in there as well Sparrow."

Jack raised one of his chained hands, "Touché, Rear Admiral, touché."