31 | the crew

"What is it?" Gibbs asked as they stared at the mysterious shape on the rocks by the cove.

"It, whatever it is, is none of our concern. Now, move along," Captain Jack told them with a flick of his wrist, "You know what they say curiosity killed the -" Jack stopped mid sentence with his finger up, "Crab?"

"It's curiosity killed the cat Jack." William sighed but still he kept his eye on the spectacle. They couldn't sail in any closer for fear of the rocks that surrounded the waters but Will noted how a row boat could just about do it.

"And satisfaction brought it back," Elizabeth said, "We should go and have a look at it."

"No," Gibbs interrupted as he looked out to sea, making the oh sound last a lot longer than it should.

"What do you mean no?" Elizabeth was rather taken aback.

"Oh, no, I don't mean no," Gibbs fumbled with his words, "I mean, no as in 'no can't be' that kind of no, you know?"

"You," Jack pointed at him, "Just said no about one too many times, henceforth the word no is banned. Gibbs has given me a headache"

"What about know?" William challenged him.

"No," Jack continued, "I mean no as in 'No William don't give her any of your money she is with him and they don't like me', that kind of no, you know?"

"No I don't know." Will cracked a smile.

"You just violated the rule!" Jack shouted, "Ha!"

"You did it five time!" 

"No I did not!" Jack seemed shocked beyond belief

"You did it again. Six!" Will ran his tongue over his teeth in triumph.

"Honestly-" Elizabeth put a hand to both of their lips, "Would you both stop behaving like such children?"

"He started it." Jack pointed at Will.

Before Will could open his mouth Gibbs found his way, "And what I meant is that isn't an it, it's a she."

Within an instant all of the crew were against the side of the ship and looking at figure. It was indeed a she and what looks like a she in rather a lot of danger.

"Well are we all just going to stand here! We need to do something!" Elizabeth sprung into action, "Somebody get down on that row boat and save her."

When she looked again at the rest of her crew mates there were three fingers pointing at her, "All that vote for Elizabeth say aye." Jack said with raised eyebrows.

"Aye." Said fifteen voices.

--

"Bloody pirates

"Bloody pirates." Elizabeth swore as she row closer to the figure watching the eyepiece that Jack was using to mointor her progress, "Hello?" She called out as she reared closer but with her back to the rocks she was calling out blind, "Are you okay?"

"Over here!" You called out, "Follow my voice."

"Oh thank goodness you're alive, I thought for a moment I was going to have to carry back a corpse."

"I'm alive, barely though. I'm glad you came. I hurt my hip on the rocks and I can't move any lower down then that. So I think if you found me any later you would have to carry back a corpse."

You were wedged into the rocks sitting in a shallow pool with only your torso really being on show to the angle the Black Pearl had been in. Yet up close the dip in the rocks revealed even more than Elizabeth had bargained for.

As she finally managed to reach you on the rowing boat, when she saw you she could not hide the alarm on her face, "Well, you're definitely a she."

You swallowed the saliva in your throat, "Is this a problem?"

"What that you're a mermaid? No, not at all. It's just perfect."

-

I literally swear writing these is getting me through lockdown - also a new kind of one as it isn't romantic just a bit of the crew being their crazy selves - hope you like it !!

Also big thanks to people reading, voting and commenting - absolutely motivate me and love writing these xoxox