10 | angelica

--(on stranger tides) (female reader)

--
(on stranger tides) (female reader)

Working in the dark streets of London, serving the villains, under-lords and wanted men of the world beer and liquor wasn't your ideal job. You can't remember exactly why you chose to do it either as another man shouted obscenities towards you. You clenched your fingers over the glass in your hand so hard it was a miracle it didn't shatter.

You looked up towards the bar and saw the landlords iron gaze on you, for the sake of your job and sanity, you shook off the comment along with the rest of them.

As you walked back, a quick glance from a stranger in the corner of the bar caught your attention. You had to do a double take and you squinted to try and determine the dark features hidden under the hat in the low lighting. The person stopped tapping their fingers on the table and looked up to watch you.

The sight of her hair framing her delicate yet hardened jaw and cheekbones along with the only just visible smile that played along her lips was enough of a distraction for you to slam into the back of a man leaving the bar. The half full pint glass crashed and soaked his shoulder with the liquid. You held your breath as the tavern became silent from the sound of breaking glass. You couldn't see the figure straighten in her seat and watch the scene unfold.

"You wench!" The man bellowed as he turned around to tower over you. Your normal resilience and strength was leaving you fast as a genuine fear replaced it.

"I'm so sor-" You stumbled over the words as well as the floorboards.

"Save it you son-of-a-" He couldn't finish his insult because at that very moment he suffered another blow at the hand of a woman. Angelica had brought down her revolver on the back of his head to knock him out cold.

He fell in front of you as your mouth gaped open at the reveal of Angelica and the way the candlelight played the colour of her skin and the wicked smile on her lips. She stepped over the body, commanding the attention of everybody in the room. You were a mess of emotions and feelings as she came so close that the brim of her hat was brushing against your forehead.

"A pretty girl like you should be more careful." Her spanish accent had the same effect of melting chocolate on your mood, your body relaxed and you only wanted to hear her say more. Angelica stepped away and left you stood their in a trance.

It was only when she was halfway out the door did you find the words you wanted to say, "Two girls together can achieve a lot you know."

Angelica paused at the doorway and drummed her fingers on the frame before clenching it and turning to face you, "Prove it, mi alma."

"And what do you mean by that?"

"Mi alma means my soul. And I mean that you should really follow me." She left you in her wake and it only took you one split second to risk everything and run out the door.