11 | jack

--

--

"Captain!" Gibbs shouted to Jack and went as fast as his aging body could take him up the stairs to the stern of the ship, "Due East, have a look."

Jack took the looking glass from him and stared out east, as he focused on the dot on the horizon he began to grimace, "You don't think..."

"Captain I know, I wouldn't mistake that ship even if I was blind," Gibbs crossed his arms and swayed on his feet, "It's her alright."

"Then we best get ready." Jack snapped as he checked his compass, it pointed due East as well. He closed it before Gibbs could manage a look, "Alright you salty seadogs!" Jack's voice boomed over the deck but didn't have the desired effect due to the bottles of rum he had been drinking, "I want battle stations, it's The Lady."

All of the crew knew exactly what to do when they heard the name of your ship and there was no wasting time. You were sailing closer and closer at an alarmingly fast speed with the wind on your side. Jack tried to find you again in his looking glass and instantly he could pick you out of the crowd.

He couldn't help but smile at the sight of you still wearing the hat you stole from him and the blue bandana that was tied around your waist, still ripped from your first encounter with the Captain.

It was only a matter of ten minutes before your ships were side by side. This was the view of Captain Jack Sparrow that you were greeted with and the despicable grin on your face only grew as you hung from the ropes of the main mast.

Both the crew of the Black Pearl and the Lady were standing at cannons with pistols and revolver aimed and ready at the opposition. You had done this so many times that everyone had a partner they threatened to kill each time.

"Long time no see Sparrow." You shouted at the pirate.

"I know, you're late. Frankly I expected better." He replied pointing a finger in his own special way in your direction.

You scoffed, "You expected better! I'll bet two guineas that your cannons are loaded with knifes and forks." You started to work your way down the ropes to drop down on the deck. You were overtaking the Pearl at a steady pace.

Your crew laughed along with you as Gibbs sweated a little under his shirt. The Black Pearl this time was predominantly loaded with spoons and forks. Jack walked parallel with you as he shortened his step to match yours.

"I'll have you know, love, that cutlery is actually a surprisingly effect artillery." He winked.

"What ever helps you sleep at night."

"Oh I never sleep knowing that the Captain of the Lady is out there without my protection," He told you and you paused as you recognised the weight of the words, you were flattered however you quickly carried on walking, hoping Jack didn't realise, "The Lady and the Pearl, what a match they would make."

You had reached the end of the ship and you leaned on the stern of the ship, "In another world Sparrow, in a different world."

You gave him a half salute with a smile and walked back to your crew with red cheeks.
Jack brought out his compass that pointed to his hearts desire and he watched how it followed you all the way past the horizon.

"Where to now Jack?" Gibbs asked from the deck.

"Follow the Lady. Follow her to the end of the line."