27 | jack

The plan had turned into a complete and utter disaster. A disaster that you had to fix - like always.

What had started out as a social call for you and the rest of the Black Pearl to the island of Saint Maria had quickly turned into a hasty plan of burglary in the local tavern.

However it ended up with; several cries of murder, a dozen drawn swords, four fistfights, three torn dresses, seven broken noses and Jack Sparrow thrown in the local jail on assault charges with the rest of the crew threatened with the same.

"Well we can't very well go and break him out now can we," Gibbs reminded you, "They'd see and recognise us all."

Then you had your idea, "Not if one of us was unrecognisable..."

"What kind of plan have you got-"

You looked down at your brown breeches that didn't even reach your ankles and your baggy shirt that had too many stains that it was starting to look like an exotic design, "I think it's time I turned on some of that feminine charm."

-

The dress was about two sizes too small for you and Henry had been very, almost surprisingly good at doing up the corset at the back. Nevertheless you continued to breath and flap the fan you had snatched from a ladies hand outside to complete the look. Save Jack and then think later.

"Really Governor I am amazed you did not consult myself as you arrested this man, after all I myself was the victim."

You had Henry by your side, dressed in the best royal uniform you could find playing his role beside the real man in charge, "Yes it was very lucky I found you Mistress-"

It was then you realised that you hadn't thought of your alias so you panicked and blurred out the first surname that came to mind, "Sparrow," The look on Henry's face was a picture, "Mistress Sparrow."

The Governor turned the corner of the prison cell and you both followed

What was that? Henry mouthed at you.

I panicked, I'm sorry- You mouthed back before turning it into a flustered smile as the Governor stopped at what seemed like an empty cell. He called into it, "Sorry, what did you say your name was again?"

"The names Jack," A voice came from the back of the cell, "Captain Jack Sparrow."

The Governor raised an eyebrow at you, "You seem to have a-" He searched for the right word and started to stare you down, "Family visitor."

You forced a smile and Henry covered a laugh with a cough.

"Family? I haven't got no-" Jack came to the front of the cell and this is how he regarded you.

"Hello my dear

"Hello my dear." You greeted Jack with a grimace.

Jack creased his eyebrows, "Huh?" And then realisation dawned on him, "Ohh. 'Ello love. I've missed ya."

The Governor regarded you, "So this is your husband?"

Before you could respond Jack was in there, "Oh yes that's us. Loving husband and wife, you know they don't get much more loving then my girl - why not even last night when we were lying sweaty in bed-"

"That quite enough dear!" You interrupted Jack, the sweat now running down your brow, "I'm sure the Governor does not want to hear any intimate details of how every night before going to sleep you-"

It was the Governor's time to interject, "I'm sure I don't want to hear any of that either Mistress Sparrow. And I am deeply sorry for the mix up about your husband."

Jack Sparrow walked away free from Saint Maria but not without the final smirk and word,

"You know love, if you wanted to marry me, I'm legally ordained - and I've got the wig and anything, you could be Mrs Sparrow in no time. You didn't need to get me arrested to propose, I would have accepted you on one knee."

"Oh grow up Sparrow." You replied.

"Never Mrs Sparrow."