Chapter 1

A lot of people would say that being in love was the best feeling, a human being could ever feel. But not for me, I don't believe in being in love anymore. I don't believe in relationship anymore.

Marriage is sacred because two people were saying their vows in front of God. To be with each other through ups and down. In sickness and health.

Pero bakit ang dali lang sa ibang itapon ang lahat ng pinangako niyo sa isa't-isa? Why does it's easy for them to let go and leave their family behind?

Nakakapagod ba magmahal? Does love fade away in a couple of years? Kaya ba umaalis sila? Kaya ba iniiwan nila ang pamilya nila para sa sariling kagustohan? Despite hurting the family that was left behind?

"Please ready the conference room for the meeting, Miss Hidalgo." I was taken aback when my boss talked.

I nodded. "Okay, Sir."

I went to the 20th floor of the Williams Corp to checked the conference room. Trevan Williams is the owner and CEO of Williams Corporation. The largest supplier of luxury cars around the world.

They even own a biggest PRIME INVESTMENTS BANK around the globe. Imagine working in a big time company being a secretary of the CEO.

"Mara!" I called the woman who just got out from the conference room.

"Oh, Andrea? Napa rito ka?" Takang tanong niya.

"I was ordered to come here by Mr. Williams. Ano? Handa na ba ang conference room?"

She sighed and smiled at me. "Oo naman! Ako pa ba? It was cleaned and they could go here any minute."

I heaved a deep sighed. "Buti naman... Marami kasi akong ginagawang reports nitong nakaraan. Muntik ko ng makalimutan na pinapaayos pala ni Sir 'yong conference room ngayon."

"Don't worry, it was all set. You can go back to your office."

Nginitian ko naman siya bago ako umalis sa floor. Nasa 15th floor ang opisina ng boss ko tapos umakyat pa ako ng 20th floor. I knocked the door first.

"Come in!"

That was my cue to enter his office. He was busy signing some papers for the month. He'll be on-leave in the next month because he'll be spending his time for his future wife.

Ikakasal kasi ulit siya and this time, sigurado na raw siya. And his son will be taking over the company. Para sanayin daw ito na mamahala ng kompanya.

"The conference room is ready, Sir." I said...

He nodded before looking at his watched. He heaved a deep sighed before looking at me.