Chapter 29

All these years, his been entering my life. I didn't know that he was the person behind this successful perfumes. Akala ko babae ang may-ari ng perfumes na 'to kasi hindi naman niya hilig ang gan'tong business. It's far from his taste when it comes to business. Tapos dalawang kompanya na ang hina-handle niya. And now? May ganito pa pala?

Parang sumabog ang utak ko dahil sa nalaman. Hindi ko kasi inaasahan na all those years, siya pala ang may-ari ng kompanya na minomodel ko. He enter my life again for 5 years now. It was so shocking. Kaya pala hindi siya nagpakita no'ng sign contract, I've never seen him ever since.

As long as it payed me well and it doesn't do anything that could ruin me, I don't have any problem to that. Kaya hindi na ako nagtanong pa sa kung sino ang may-ari at kung anong pangalan niya.

"I'm sorry if it took me years to finally show myself to you... I know how you hated me because of what I did back then." He sighed. "It hurts when you told me that our path shouldn't cross again."

I saw the pain on his eyes and gone the cold and mysterious aura. Nakita ko kung paano gumalaw ang panga niya at kung paano siya napapalunok. He can't even looked at me in the eyes because of his nervous. Lumabas din ang mga kasama namin kanina to give us some privacy.

"5 years ago... I saw you appearing on TV with a successful life. And it hurts me seeing you getting paired with other man. It should be me beside you, but I was a jerk... Kaya naisipan kung magtayo ng kompanya at gawin kang model." He looked at me. The hint of pain and agony was visible on his eyes. "I never let you know me because you hated my guts. Alam ko kung gaano mo ka-gusto na lumayo sa'kin... Kung gaano mo ka-gusto na hindi na ako maging parte ng buhay mo. I don't want you to know that I was the person behind this company that I built."

Bumuhos ang luha sa mata ko dahil sa sinabi niya. Nakatitig lang ako sa kan'ya habang hirap na hirap siyang magsalita. He was so eager to look at me in the eyes but he just couldn't. He was looking away para hindi ko makita ang dumaang sakit sa mata niya. And it pained me, seeing him in pain too.

Hindi ko rin pala kayang makita siyang nasasaktan. Kasi dobleng sakit ang dinudulot no'n sa'kin.

"You hated me because of lying to y-you... I built this perfumes for you. All of the hardwork that I put in this company is for you... Gusto ko balang-araw, kapag nagkita tayo u-ulit. I want you to know that I loved you over the years, Andrea... I-I'm sorry if I lied to you, I'm sorry if I hurt you." He heaved a deep sighed and looked in the ceiling to stop his tears. "When I lose you... I lost myself too. There's a lot of what if's in myself when I realize that I really did, lose you... What if I didn't lie? What if I tell you the truth? What if I didn't hurt you? Are we still together until now? I guess so..."

"What about your engagement with S-Savina? Is it true, isn't?" I cleared my throat.