Chapter 4: Tristan

Tristan

"Do you have any sugar?" Giving me a very weary look from over her tea, scooting away even when I sat next to her. Her eyes startled, looking from my chest to my eyes. I took a sip to focus her eyes on my lips. She'd be fun to tease.

"Oh yes, let me."

"No, no, I can find it." She flailed adorably, before turning to focus on the small kitchen. "It's in the..." I stopped as she found it, on the first try, in the cupboard to the left of under the sink. Then tried multiple draws for a teaspoon. "How long have you not been able to shift?" I fished, I had known my wolf hadn't been wrong last night, I'd found a female to search out. She helped herself to four teaspoons of sugar, before sitting herself down on the sofa as far away as she could from me.

"What are you talking about?"

"You're a werewolf that doesn't shift, you can't lie to my nose." She was a great actress, and her 'what is this guy taken' expression held firm, "Why do you think my wolf sniffed you out last night?" A little frustration creeps out. She held firm. "You just sniffed out my sugar in the most unlikely of places," I concluded. That gave her pause, her eyebrows furrowed as she squinted into the brown sugary contents of her mug.