Chapter 19: Alexa

Alexa

He was right it was beautiful out here. I had no reference to whereabouts I was on the planet, but I felt almost like I belonged here, the forest, the abundance of life was so beautiful, I had spent so much of my life surrounded by death, but here was life! I could barely fathom that places like this exist.

The black-backed tan and red merle wolf came to join me, nuzzling at my ankle, urging me to explore more. There was no way he was a bicentennial man under all that fluff, I couldn't resist the urge to scratch his chin, so unlike his stubble, his gold and green eyes watched me, if I wasn't also a werewolf would I have been afraid? But I saw, as I saw it, almost every time our eyes met, a challenge only one of us could win.

I swooped up the great wolf in my arms to nuzzle him like a cuddly teddy bear. The wolf became a heated muscular adonis of a man in record time, and he was hugging and lifting me off my feet. His eyes were the only part that retained their wolf state, golden, in fury. "Why woman?"

"You looked extremely adorable. Okay, Tristan put me down."

"Are you trying to burn my cabin down?" A teasing smirk peeked out the edge of his mouth.

"The sauce!" I started, running back with all my might. The wolf caught up, casually taking the lead. "You are not going to win!" I barked and tried to catch that arrogant wolf-man!