Chapter 14: Tristan

Tristan

Running carefree in the woods was amazing! It had been fun to have company, but not the responsibility of looking after a pup. Everything in me told me she was young. But, 24! You are a dumb man with a dumb wolf brain. By werewolves' she's barely walking. She may think she's a fully formed adult, but less than a century of running from angry farmers does not count. I'd lived through many wars, two of them covering Europe! But, biologically... Dumb man, get a grip and get her out of your cabin as fast as you can.

I returned a little while later to find her having showered, her glorious hair sadly up in a taught bun, in fact, no hair was out of place. She had plucked and shaved everywhere, I could see the lack of hair on her arms, under her eyebrows, and under her armpits. "Is that supposed to impress me?" I couldn't help but laugh at her efforts. As I barrelled through the cabin. She flinched veers slightly and then glared back at me. "What could I possibly do to impress you, catch a ball in mid-air and bring it back to you?"

"Ouch, but it be a start, shift and I'll throw something for you, pet."

She turned away downcast. "You know full well I can't."

"Have you thought about why you can't?"

She didn't have an answer, she was trying to think it through, really trying. So, I crossed the room and rested my chin on the top of her overworked head. She shoved me slightly, escaping to glare at me again. "I'm not strong enough, or I haven't learnt the way, or I haven't practised enough?"

"Hahaha, maybe let's try a different approach. What is a wolf?"

"A feral dog."

"Erm no. What about: what could a wolf be?"

"A pain in my ass, humping people all the time, begging for walks, and food."

"Pet you're strange, that could be like your wolf, but try to think about it a little more. It's more from the inside. In essence, my wolf to me is freedom, even the nights I have absolutely no control. I know he is me, and we are exploring the world as we see fit. Without the pressures of the human world dragging us down."

"Humping things?" This time I caught Alexa's eyes flicking down my body, and start to lick her lips. But, adorably she caught her tongue halfway and returned to glaring at me. "Yes, pet. You also hit me in the face with a rabbit. But, bringing it back to being a werewolf, if you want to shift, not just when the moon forces you to, maybe give yourself a break. Maybe, let your hair down?"

"But, I like it up."

"I'm trying to help."

"I know that but why?"

"Why help anyone, why think about anyone else ever? Then think about it this way, you're stuck in the middle of the woods, with no hassles, no responsibilities just yourself and your wolf, you. Relax into yourself, do whatever you want to do, and you'll be able to shift. And, there'll be one more fantastic wolf in the world." I beamed in triumph, at my amazingly deep speech. "Call me Miyagi."

"All I have to do is give into my impulses to draw out my wolf?" She stated, with a look, I couldn't quite place. Draw out. What would you draw out? Then I remembered the faint scent of gunpowder she had, that I had put to the back of my mind. "Yes-no, I don't think you get that it's not a weapon yet." I scratched my head. She was a puzzle, why couldn't she get a feel like the rest of us? She had started staring into my soul, beautiful eyes with fluttering long lashes unblinking in their attention, she had a mysterious power looking like a wolf, mesmerising its prey, but it felt right her being there and her world being solely me.

Oh no, she had a look on. One like her werepuppy form. "What have I done-?" Her gaze had fallen lower. Catching it too late, she had planted her soft full lips on mine. She was delicious, but I tried to summon enough self-control to push her away. We just melted into each other so easily. "Something like that?" She lolled her head back, in her black eyes gold tinted at the centre of her irises, threatening to take her over, and then me along for the ride.

"Nope. You need to stop doing that."

"Did I do something wrong?"

"I am so much older than you."

"Oh come on, you barely look 20, and you're naked."

"I prefer skyclad. And, I'm more like 200."

"Hahahahahaah!" Alexa snorted and almost fell over the sofa. I caught her with ease, "I am checking out of this conversation, there is no way you are that old, I haven't seen you do a single 'adult' thing since I met you!" Instead of letting her go, I-I grasped her. Bringing her up, so I could glare at her this time. "You really want to see me being an adult?"

She shut up, looking at me wide-eyed. I would have put her down but, she had to go and bite her voluptuous bottom lip.

I claimed her mouth possessively, she was technically legal, and it was his right to claim any female werewolf. Alexa softly giggled into me, enjoying the embrace far too much. Bloody teenagers these days, I pulled away still glaring. "Breaking your own rules are we? I meant like clean the dishes." She said, I dropped her.

She landed perfectly, her palms and feet all flat and her back arched. Then flipped back up. I scraped back my probably a bit too long hair, I didn't need to think of her as an expert gymnast too?

"I carved this entire cabin from five trees!"

"Well done, how many new folowers did you get?"

"You're a bloody tease."

"Well, you told me to 'bloody' live a little."

"Watch your language."

"Watch yours."

"Are you going to stop being annoying anytime soon?"

"Am I turning into a wolf yet? It's either all this, or you kiss me back? I know you want to." She gestured wildly, forming a chatterbox with one hand, to stroking her own lips invitingly with her index finger. "I know I'm going to regret this but you give me no other choice." I stormed off. 

---

A.N. Please remember to vote and share if you enjoy! 

And if Tristan comes off as a boomer well, he's beyond one :L