Chapter 28: Alexa

Alexa

Tristan was watching Paul like a predator stalking his prey shouting its stillness, "Chnéffléné with shiitake mushrooms in an umami bomb vegetable demi-glace." I answered my cousin's question about tonight's, not at all to impress Tristan, menu.

"Fantastic. I think I'm going to go nap, bye." Diana uncharacteristically left the room without another word.  Paul's eyes followed the blond as she scampered like an excited naked ferret. "Hang back Lex, you're a werewolf, since when?" He shot at me.

"That's for me to.... find out."

"Ah! I didn't know a shag was the same as a bite for wolves."

"Young bitter. That is not..."

"Well done Lex, I thought you liked girls. But, he's..."

"Paul!" I hadn't felt the heat take over my face, I had launched several of my dumplings down his throat. He spluttered and choked, as I smoothed down my pencil skirt, "rethink your theory thank you."

"It's an interesting, and wrong conclusion. Alexa, you've been a wolf for a while, believe me, you shifted quickly.

"She's only wolfy now."

"New wolves take a load of practice to get your shift times."

"Bloody. Well, I did think you were a vampire hybrid chick."

"What?"

"You're not that human..."

"Pardon, I was hung up in a dark cave. By your sister may I add. Only to be woken up by a werewolf, who tells me I'm a werewolf."

"How long have you lived together?"

"Lived together?" Paul and I said in unison.

"The vampire has been squatting without permission since April."

"And according to your vamp senses, she's never smelt like a wolf before?"

Nope mate, solidly tea tree and fruity."

"Hmmm.."

"Yeah..."

"So, you aren't shagging?"

"Paul!"