Chapter 24: Alexa

Alexa

Home sweet home, dirt tracks and cobbled streets that totally make me look like a country bumpkin. I don't know if Tristan judging me as I guide him around the village, he's still got that face on.

We pull up into the barn, next to my sorely unused bike. Paul's sports car caught the policeman's attention, stopping in his tracks. "Alexa is that a...?" Tristan's nose flared.

"We have a... lodger." He started to sniff at the car, kinda like a dog. Is that what I look like? His brows knitted, "A vampire lodger?"

"Oh just follow me." I seized him by the hand. I led us into the house, careful to stay undetected. Only stopping us to dip into the larder for vegetables. "Alexa, It's not even lunchtime yet?" He protested as I directed him to the kitchen dining table. "I'll need these now so it can be ready for lunchtime, I know you've killed your tastebuds but I would like some proper food. Sit." I barked, "Sit please?" He took a seat at our, for once, useful William Morris original table. Should even impress the forest boy! Now to cook something so mouth-watering he's going to ignore all my flaws. And not arrest me.

I popped the pot of broth on to boil. "Now turn it down if it boils over, it shouldn't. I'll have your trousers back in a few." And I legged it before he could protest or follow.

I was skipping up the stairs, I was skipping? I almost missed a step, there was a cute boy. No, a drop-dead gorgeous man, waiting for me to get ready, this must be an alternate universe?

Or not, Diana, short, blonde, horned-rimmed glasses and fake-looking toy gun pointed at me, I swatted it away, "Alexa, thank the universe you're safe!" I dodged the surprise cousin's embrace, "Ah Diana, do you have any girl clothes I'd fit?" I stabbed in the dark, plenty aware we were different shapes and Diana had never worn anything particularly feminine in my vicinity. "N-No..." She stammered. "Okay." I sang, hoping there had been a disguise that could at least pass as sexy. And hide the police uniform!

"Alexa, wait!" Diana vaulted onto my back, "I am really glad you're safe we were just going to get you."

"It's been three days."

"I thought you were in your room."

"Well, I obviously wasn't." I peeled her off, and as I did I was caught by something, a feeling, the scent of nostalgia... Of D. His old cologne, Diana had probably found some and done some dumb experiment with it. 

 When she finds out I have werewolf olfactory senses I hope she'll be less cruel in the future.