Chapter 22: Alexa

Alexa

I claimed a pair of Tristan's black uniform combat trousers, and gathered the shreds of my clothing in a hemp bag, looking like some sort of mad woman.

What did I look like to him? I know I have a very harsh face, strong jaw, and fierce eyebrows. But I want him to not see all of that. I can look female. I just haven't got anything to work with here, a little help from Father... no Sarah... no. Diana? Who am I kidding Paul... And we'd find clothes that may get him to take me seriously. But now, I look like a teenage boy in his dad's clothes following his dad through the woods. Sexy.

Tristan stopped us before a terribly shaped 'bush'. "That's a 4 by 4." He opened the passenger's door with a boyish grin. "Mil-lady." He mock-bowed. I climbed in the dusty mud-covered thing, crunching spiders underfoot. How many times have I been saved by males this year?

We drove out of the woods to a dirt track and then joined the main road. "Okay, where are we going?"

"Bitton, South West. I'll direct you to my drive then I'll walk to the house."

"No. I'm going to drive you up there."

"Please no."

"Alexa. Why not?"

"Why do?"

"To make sure you're safe and apologise to your parents."

"Will you stop with the parents' talk?"

"Alexa, are you living alone?"

"No... Father's gone on holiday."

Tristan slammed on the brakes! We jolted forward my seatbelt cutting me across the abdoment, making me wish I hadn't made such a good breakfast.

"Alexa Vendetta is you. You are the kid who hung up on me. With the missing person report and no personal information of the missing person. Like an unregistered supernatural... No playing innocent, wolf to wolf, tell me everything!"

"Woah, even I could drive better than that." Out of the corner of my eye his face was unreadable. "Will you still take me to the location I choose?"