the thirty-second.

She continues packing her things away, not even glancing at me out of utter embarrassment, "It's fine

She continues packing her things away, not even glancing at me out of utter embarrassment, "It's fine. You're right. My behavior was entirely out of order. I'm so embarrassed. I don't know what got into me."

No, sweetheart it's not you, it's me. You make me nervous and irrational.
Ah, I hate that she's blaming herself for my mistakes.

"No, you don't have to be embarrassed. As long as we keep our discussions in the kitchen or living area, there will be no problem. I just think venturing into places such as my bedroom could leave room for..."

She looks at me with soft eyes that ebb water, "For what?"

"...Nothing."

"I won't come back here again, professor. I'm sorry." she sniffles, slipping her foot into her shoes.
No, no, no! Please don't say that. Talking to you has become the highlight of my days, please.

"Hold on–wait a second!" I protest.

She pushes past me, "I'm sorry, excuse me."

I grab her arm, "Wait, Adeola. Can you look at me please?" she turns reluctantly, "I am so sorry for making you feel bad. You are always welcome here."

She smiles, "Really? You're so sweet to me."
When it comes to you it's difficult not to be.

Standing on her tiptoes, she links her arms around my neck, planting several kisses on my cheek. Her kisses are so incredibly soft, her lips pillowy and sticky with her lip gloss. Her fragrance stamps itself into my chest.

You're touching me. You kissed me. All on your own, oh my god, my heart is beating faster than a hummingbird's. Are you trying to kill me?

"I really like you a lot, Zaain," she whispers directly into my ear and it sends a paralyzing shock all throughout my...body.

I like you more than you know and more than I am ready to admit.

Without even thinking about it, I close her into a hug with one arm and her chest against mine feels better than I would have ever thought to imagine. She pulls back, looking up at me and for a moment it's pure eye contact.

What are you thinking about?

Her voice falls to a whisper."I hope I am not making you uncomfortable..."

I shake my head, smiling down at her, "Not at all. I am completely comfortable with you right now."

"Did I..." her eyes trail down to my lips, "cross any lines?"

"None that I'm not okay with." I reply.

"Good..." she smiles, "Because I think I'm about to break another one," and before I can even think of a response, she falls forward, landing her warm, full lips on mine.

When she pulls back, I'm not sure how much time has passed, I feel as if I'm in a daze or another one of my fantasies.

I touch my fingers to my lips and sure enough, they're sticky and vanilla flavored.

I have to ask her to confirm that I'm not fucking dreaming.

"Adeola...did you just- did you just kiss me?"

She lets go of me and covers her face, "I'm...sorry. Oh, my god. That was so inappropriate of me. It was the wine, I drank way too much. I- I have to go."

She collects her bag and scurries out the door without another word.

"But- Adeola!"

Slam!

"But ...the wine is non-alcoholic..."

What an angel...

What a pervert

What a pervert...