Chapter 1| Dreams

Delirious's POV
Raccoons: Sneaking little animals that just steal things from people. They are known as villains and now everyone who have the power of transforming into a raccoon, have that title.

For me... I hate it so much...

///////////////////////////////////

It was around 6 AM. I was walking around Los Santos, going to work. It's hard for my family and I to get food since we barely have money. So, we end up stealing food from people or transform into little raccoon and go dumpster diving. I don't like stealing from people nor dumpster diving, so I find a way to get money.

I do work for a guy in a market. People rarely go but hey, at least this little raccoon gets some money. Sometimes he feeds me too, like give me some bags of chips, candy, and some sodas. I don't think all this stuff are good for people like me. I rarely get sick but one day I did came home throwing up.

I walked to the market and jumped over the counter. I didn't know what to do since Toby, the store owner, isn't here yet. I went to the back and brought a mop in. I started cleaning the place since Toby never take cares of his store. I turned on the radio and look for a good station that customers would like. I look in the back and look for good things to sell. I found a bucket of cheap bracelets and thought it would be cool to sell for 99 cents.

"Morning! Haha!" Someone yelled, bursting through the door. I jumped and dropped the bucket and the bracelets went everywhere. I hissed and got to the floor and picked them up.

"Scared the shit out of me, Toby." I told him as I got up and put the bucket on the counter.

"Sorry buddy!" He said as he slapped my back. Toby is a jumpy loud dirty guy. I do joke around about how he smells but never told him seriously. I don't want to hurt the old fella.

I walked to the door and open it, putting a brick to hold the door open. I turned on the 'now open' sign and jumped back on the other side of the counter. "We are open!" I said.

"Amazing! Uh... Here." Toby grabbed a bag of Doritos off the shelves and threw it at me.

I caught it and said, "Thanks, Toby."

"I'm going to be in the back if you need me. The soccer game is going on right now!" He yelled as he ran to the back. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a magazine, reading it while I wait for customers. There was a tiny TV on the counter also so I turn it on and put it on the news, for customers to watch.

|Time Skip|

"Here you go." I said, handing the man his soda.

"Breaking News. A man with the power of transforming into a raccoon had stole a one million dollars diamond at Danny's Jewelry." The TV flashed a raccoon running down the road, holding a bright blue diamond in his month. I gulped as I seen this raccoon before.

"Those dang people... Well, the protectors get here soon to stop him." The man said as he walk out of the store. I continued watching the news about the raccoon.

"Jonathan! Watching the news about the fucking raccoon?" Toby said.

"Yeah!" I called back. Toby came out of the back and started watching the TV with me.

"It seems like an owl is hovering over the raccoon! Is it Night Owl, the leader of the crew who protect our city?" The woman said. The owl transformed into a man and ran down the street, chasing the raccoon. The raccoon transformed also.

"Man... Night Owl is a badass guy... I wish I have the power of turning into an owl and save the city." Toby said. "Wouldn't that be cool?" He asked as he slapped my back.

'Transforming is cool... But it's not cool transforming into a villain and be part of an evil family...' I said in my head. "Yeah I guess." I answered Toby's question.

"What would you like to transform as?" He asked. I gulped as he asked that.

"I don't know..." I whispered. Toby smiled and walked back to the back to watch some TV there.

I never told him about my secret of transforming to a raccoon. Out of all the animals, I was born as a raccoon. I always wanted to run away from my family and help the city of Los Santos. If I do, they'll look for me, and people would probably won't accept a raccoon as a hero.

I look at the TV and see a man in a black suit with an owl mask attacking the man who stole the diamond. The police came by and took the man away while the guy in the owl mask handed the cops the diamond he stole. People cheered around him while he wave and transform again, flying away from everyone.

Another family member in jailed.

Another day have been saved.

I wish I could be part of the protectors of Los Santos... My dream is to help others... Not be known as a bad guy...

"Toby!"

"Yeah?"

"I'm going to be heading out! Got things to do!" I told him.

"Alright, Jonny Boy! Take some money out if you want! Not too much though!" He told me.

I only grabbed a 20 and then headed out. I need help on being a hero. I can show everyone that this little raccoon is not a villain.

Like everyone says: follow your dreams.