Chapter 10| Family

Delirious' POV

It was the next day and I was working. Evan came along with me so I don't be bored at work. Toby didn't mind him being here.

Joan was with him also on his head. He told Toby that he was just a pet raccoon and he doesn't cause any trouble. Toby just said that if he does cause anything then he's out of the shop.

All Evan did was walk around while reading some magazines, newspapers, and comic books. I kept staring at him the whole day. I couldn't forget about the kiss yesterday even though Evan told me to.

|Flashback|

We both pulled away and stared into each other's eyes. I put my hands on his cheek and tried to go for another kiss. He stopped me and shook his head no.

"I'm sorry..." He said softly.

"Evan.." I said while pulling him into a hug.

"Just forget about the kiss." He told me as he walks out of the room.

I didn't forget about the kiss though. I was smiling the whole day and at night I dreamt about it.

|End Of Flashback|

"Andrew!" I heard a woman voice yelled.

"Is that him?!" A man said.

I look up and see a young lovely couple running up to Evan. They stopped in front of him and stare at the raccoon.

"Uh..." Evan said a bit nervous.

"Sir, where did you get that raccoon?" The man said. I jumped over the counter and walk up to them.

"We found him hurt on the stre-" I paused. I looked at the lovely couple again and they stared back at me.

"Jonathan?!"

"Ray?! Lizzy?!"

Everyone was silent for awhile. I knew these people for a long time. They were there for me when I was just a child. When my parents started just robbing every single day, Ray and Lizzy took care of me while they were gone.

I stopped seeing them once I heard they were having a baby and I was old enough to be on my own. They both look their same old young self.

Lizzy grabbed my hands and stared into my eyes while I did the same back.

"You gotten bigger, Del." She told me. I nodded my head and smile at them. "I still remember you as a little child."

"I can't believe you guys are still alive, healthy, and free." I told them. They were like my second family. They treated me with kind and they're the reason why I don't want to be bad to others.

"Once we saw that raccoon on that man's head, we thought it was Andrew. When you got older and started taking care of yourself, Andrew was born. Then the fire happened, we tried to go for him but the fires were surrounding him and we thought it was too late. I couldn't sleep for a couple of days." Lizzy told me.

She took a look at me and noticed my burnt skin. I was still burnt a tiny bit but I was healing.

"Are you alright?" Ray said when he notices the burnt. I nodded with a smile.

"My friend and I been taking care of Andrew for these pass days. We ended up calling him Joan." I said. Evan nodded in agreement.

"Will it be alright if we take Andrew back? I missed my son." Ray said.

"Maybe you can also come back home with the others also. Everyone misses that crazy laugh of yours. Even Luke misses you, Delirious. Everyone thinks your dead." Lizzy said as she messes up my hair. I smiled and thought about it.

"Um, I need to have a talk with Jonathan for a bit." Evan said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me away from them.

"What what what?!" I said.

"'Maybe you can also come back home?!' Jonathan please don't tell me you're moving out." He told me. I shrugged at him.

"Why don't you want me to move out?" I asked.

"Because Jon, I don't! Also, take Andrew home?! I don't want Joan to leave!" He yelled but not too loud to let Lizzy and Ray to hear him.

"Joan has a home, Evan. You knew in the beginning he had a family. I don't want him to go also but this is how it has to be." I told him. He look down and sighed.

"You're right..." He said as he grab Joan off his head.

Evan look at Joan for awhile and kissed his tiny head. I went up close to them and look at Joan also. "It's time..." I said.

We both walked back to Ray and Lizzy. Evan held out Joan to them while looking down.

"Andrew!" Lizzy said as grabbed Joan and hugged him tightly. Ray hugged her from behind and they both look at Joan, smiling.

"Jon, do you want to come home with us?" Ray said as he stick out his hand. I looked at his hand and then look up at Evan. I thought about it and I didn't know who to choose. I look back up and stared into those chocolate brown eyes. I knew where to live at.

"Sorry, Ray and Lizzy. You guys were the best family every and I love you guys so much." I walked up to them and hug both of them tightly. Once we let go, I frowned at them. "But, Evan and all his other friends are my family also. I got along with them really well and I think it's best if I continue living with them." I told them.

They both nodded and said, "We understand, Jon." I smile and hugged them again.

"Well, we should be heading out now. It was nice seeing our big boy again." Lizzy said as she kissed my forehead, I smiled.

They got what they needed to buy and I waved goodbye to them when they left the store. I felt a hand on my shoulder.
I turned around and see Evan there, smiling at me.

"Family?" He asked. I nodded.

"You're the special one out of all of them." I told him and saw him turn red. I laughed at him.

???'s POV

"Hello?" I said as I answered the phone.

"He's alive! He doesn't want to come back home though. He said he wants to stay with Evan and his friends." The voice on the other side said.

"Evan and his friends...?"

"Yes."

"He will come home one day and understand what he really is."

"What should I do?"

"Be normal to him. Try and get him to say others things. Ask him to come over for dinner or ask him to come to his house." I told him.

"Ok. I'll go to the store again tomorrow and ask him to come over for dinner."

"Good." I hung up the phone and walked out of the tent. I look around and see everyone having a good time. I thought about what will happened when we get him to come home.

Jonathan... Once you go insane, like last time, you'll be one of us. Your nickname didn't come from your laugh.