Chapter 6| Baby Raccoon

Vanoss' POV

"Why is he back here?!" Wildcat yelled.

"He doesn't have a place to stay and he needs help. The guy also have a baby raccoon with him and he needs help taking care of him." I told him.

"Wait... There's TWO RACCOONS in this apartments?!" He said.

"Wildcat, calm down..." Mini said behind him.

"No, I'm not going to fucking calm down. We have two raccoons in this fucking apartment and they'll cause trouble here!" Wildcat told Mini.

Mini wrapped his arms around Wildcat's waist, hugging him from behind.

"Nothing is going to happen, Tyler. We'll always watch them and they are good people. The poor raccoon tried to save people in a burning building and some raccoon kids from the fire we started." Mini told him. Tyler slowly calmed down and nodded his head. "Good boy."

I shook my head, not thinking about their love moment. Mini loves to hug Tyler and give him kisses all the time. One day, I know they will start dating. I wish I could yell at them to go out already.

But I'll be a bit uncomfortable seeing love around the apartment. I don't have time to love someone and I rarely feel it.

But, with me and Jonathan... I felt something different from earlier. I don't know what it was but I feel like it was love. I shook my head really fast, it can't be love.

"He can fucking stay. But if those raccoons do anything bad, I will attack them and kick them out." Tyler threatened. I nodded my head in agreement and thanked him.

"You should probably take care of him right now." Mini said. "His fur was really badly damage. If you want I can feed the baby raccoon and we can get Nogla to fix him up."

"Alright."

"Nogla!!!" Mini yelled down the hall and let go of Tyler.

"Focking hell... What do ye bitches want?!" Nogla yelled as he got out of his room and walk to the living room.

"We need your nursing skills." I told him.

"Why get me? Mini is the focking medic."

"Mini is going to take care a child, so you're going to be the nurse." I told him.

"Alright! Who I am going to take a look at?" He said, eyeing all of us.

"The big raccoon from yesterday. He's badly damaged and burnt." I said.

"Let me go see him." Nogla said and followed me to my room.

I opened the door and see Jonathan messing around with the baby raccoon.

"Jonathan, Nogla's here to check on you." I told him.

He look at both of us and said, "Okay." Jonathan got off the bed and picked up the baby raccoon.

"I'll take care of him while you get fix up." I told him as I grabbed the baby raccoon.

"Thanks. Feed him for me, alright?" I nodded and he smiled at me.

"Alright, come on, Jonny Boy." Nogla said as he walk to our nursing room. Jonathan followed him there and Nogla shut the door.

I looked at the baby raccoon. He was staring at me with those beautiful yellow eyes. I could feel his tail brushing against my arm.

"Hey there, little guy." I said. He jumped on my shoulder and then to my head. I started laughing and walk to the kitchen to give him some food. What kind of food does raccoons like?!

"Mini," I called.

"Yeah?"

"Can you research what foods are good for raccoons?" I told him.

"Sure thing." He said. I turned around and see him on his phone, looking it up. "Raccoons can eat anything. But I rather give him some peanuts or an apple." He told me.

"I'll just give him a bowl of milk and some peanuts." I said as I grab the milk out of the frigid.

I grabbed a tiny bowl and pour some milk on it. I also got a napkin and put some peanuts on it.

I put the bowl and the napkin on the table. I grabbed the baby raccoon off my head and set him down. He walked around a bit and sniffed the peanuts. He picked it up and started eating it. I smiled and pet his head.

Once he was done, he stared at me for a while. I decided to have a little fun with this kid. I transformed into an owl and stared at him back. He walked around me and I kept staring.

He sat down in front of me and the jumped at me. I let him attack me and started play fighting with him.

"What's going on over here?" Mini asked as he walked to the kitchen.

I didn't mind him. I kept flapping my wings and tried to push the little fella off me gently. He started hissing and I started whooing.

"Animals..." Mini walked away slowly and jumped on the couch, watching TV.

Suddenly, the baby raccoon pushed both of us off the table. I quickly wrapped my wings around him and take the fall. My back hit the floor, and I felt so much pain. I was able to handle it though.

I slowly moved my wings and saw the raccoon perfectly fine. I started laughing and he kept touching my beak with his paw. His paw was really soft, like a warm fluffy blanket. His eyes were like banana yellow, so beautiful. His fur was nice and warm also.

If we can't find his parents, I won't mind taking a little raccoon under my wing. But what if Jon leaves and take him with him...? I hugged the tiny creature with my wings.

"He's all better now." I heard Nogla said. I turned my head and saw Jonathan and Nogla. Jon had a couple of bandages around his arms and head. He gave me a smile, telling me he was perfectly fine.

"Having fun with that raccoon?" He asked. I laughed a bit and nodded.

"Well, I'm going back to bed." Nogla said as he walked back to his room.

I transformed back into human and walked to my room, carrying the raccoon with me. Jonathan followed me to the room and closed the door.

"Got along with that little guy?" He said. I nodded and looked into his yellow eyes again.

Delirious' POV

I laughed when I watch Evan having fun with the raccoon. They were definitely getting along really well.

"What's his name?" Vanoss asked.

"Hm?" I replied.

"What's his name? It's a bit weird just calling him 'baby raccoon, little fella, and tiny raccoon' all the time." He told me.

"I don't remember his name..." I told Evan.

"Well, name him and we'll call him that for now until we find his family." Evan said. I thought about it for a while.

"Joan." I said.

"Joan? Where did you get that?" He asked me. I blushed deeply.

"It... Randomly popped in my head..." I said quietly.

"Alright, his name is Joan for now." Evan said while petting the baby raccoon's tiny head.

But what Evan doesn't know is that Joan is a mash up of both of our names.