Chapter 4| The Attack

Delirious' POV

Vanoss and I didn't talk during the whole car ride. It was really quiet but I was mostly looking at him and he didn't notice. I felt my cheeks heating up and he quickly saw me staring. I turned my head and look out of the window.

We finally reach the dirty abandoned place. All the raccoons live on an area on a beach where no one goes to. All there was were boxes and little fires to keep us warm.

"Thank you... Don't come out because I bet the family will attack you.." I told Vanoss. He nodded and unlocked the door for me. Instead of jumping out and walk home, I hugged Vanoss tightly as thanks. He jumped but then slowly calm down.

He didn't hug back which I don't mind. I let go of him and hopped out of the truck and waved bye to him. He slowly waved back then started the truck, heading off home. I sighed and walked to my dirty home, which was a box.

"Delirious!" Someone said. I was tackled down to the floor by an older man. I look up and see my friend Luke or what I call him, Cartoonz.

"Hey man!" I said while laughing.

"Where have you been the whole night?" He asked. "Everyone was worry thinking that you got captured and was sent to jail."

I didn't want to tell him about me trying to save people in the fire. "Things... Happened..." I said softly.

"Alright, well do you want to walk around a bit? Like just the two of us to talk?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. "Well then, let's go!" Luke said as he runs off.

I laughed and said, "Wait up!" I ran up to him. "This is not walking!"

Vanoss' POV

"So, now that we know where the raccoons live at, you want to attack them?" Mini said. I nodded in agreement.

"We can get those raccoons out of this city!" Nogla said.

"Yup. Everyone will be happy and there won't be so much trouble." I said.

"So, how are we going to get rid of them?" Mini asked. Wildcat knew the plan and he look at everyone with an evil grin.

"With fire.." He said.

|Time Skip|

Delirious' POV

Luke and I had a good time together. We always take walks and talk about how's it going. He told me about him about to get a girlfriend and I told him about my job and Toby.

I never told him about my feels of being a raccoon nor told him about my dreams. I'm afraid he'll end up telling everyone and soon the leader of the family will kill me.

"Del, what do you dream of doing?" He asked. I jumped from that question. We were both sitting on the sand, watching the sunset.

"Uh... It's private.." I told him.

"And you won't even tell your best friend? Come on, Jon." He said. Should I tell him or should I not? He is my best friend and we grew up together. I think I should tell him.

"Alright... Luke, promise me you won't tell anyone. No 'oh! I trust this person so much I know he won't tell anyone!' Or other bullshit like that." I told him. He nodded and I took a deep breath. "I hate being born in a family who are all just... Criminals! I want to prove to everyone that I'm not a villain and that I'm a hero! I was that raccoon who save those two people in the fire!" I told him. He looked at me in shock then gave me a smile.

"Don't worry, Jon. I won't tell anyone how you feel about the family and will help you reach your dream." He told me. I smiled at him and gave him a big hug as thanks. "We should head back now, it's getting late." I nodded and we both got up, walking home.

"Do you smell something burning?" Cartoonz asked as we were almost there. I stopped and took a sniff.

"Yeah..." I said. "It's really close by." Suddenly, one of our family members ran past our feet and a couple others followed him. Luke and I look at each other with a worry face. We both started running.

"HOLY SHIT!" Luke yelled. The whole area was on fire and everyone was in their raccoon form, running away.

I transformed into my form, same with Luke. "What are we going to do?!" Luke asked. I look around and see the kiddos running around looking for their families.

"Save the children! We need to get them out of here." Luke nodded and ran into the fire. I ran in also grabbed a couple of kids and ran far away from the fire and set them down.

I ran back and heard screaming. I saw a raccoon burn to death. Others were burning also and dying. Some of them were running into the water for safety. Fear and hurt were in my eyes from the scene of dying raccoons.

I continued going back and forth, saving people out of the fire. I ran back and saw no one there, I guess everyone escaped. I got out to look for Luke.

"Luke!" I screamed. Nothing... "LUKE!!!" I screamed louder. Silents... I started to panic. Where the fuck would he be at?! I thought of the dying raccoons catching on fire.

I jumped back to were the fires were at looked at every dead body, hoping it wasn't Luke. "LUKE!!!" I screamed.
I started coughing and my lungs started to burn but I kept looking.

I suddenly heard crying in an unburnt box. I thought everyone escaped. I went closer to the box and look inside. My eyes widen in shock.

There was a baby raccoon inside. The raccoon families are bad but they would never abandon each other. I picked up the crying baby raccoon with my paws and picked up his dirty green blanket. I noticed the fire was getting closer. I wrapped him around the green blanket and headed out of the fire.

I never stopped running but I was being very careful with him. Maybe his parents thought he was dead and didn't mean to abandon him.

I finally stopped running and transformed back to human. I was tired. Too tired. I sat down on the sand, holding the baby raccoon close to me, and was breathe heavily. I need to rest... I need a break...

Everyone is gone... The fire pulled them away from each other and some were killed also. We are bad and I do hate being a raccoon. But, they are still my family.

I started crying with the baby raccoon. I kept thinking about Luke and other people who I love. I lived in a box my whole life in front of a dirty ocean but I don't care, I was raised there.

I heard wings flapping but I didn't pay attention to it. Suddenly, I felt an arm wrapped around me, pulling me close to whoever it was.

I stopped crying once I felt them rubbing my arm. Tears still fell out of my eyes though. I look up and saw those beautiful chocolate brown eyes again.