Chapter 8| The News

Vanoss' POV

I woke up feeling like one person is missing. I looked around my room and only saw Joan next to me. Where's Delirious?

I sat up and stretched. Joan woke up also and climbed on my lap. I smiled at him and pet his head a bit.

I pick him up and climb out of bed, going to the living room. Once I got there, I saw Marcel reading the newspaper while eating waffles on the table.

"Morning." I said softly. He jumped and looked at me.

"Oh, morning Evan. You kinda scared me a bit."

"Sorry. Hey do you know where Delirious is at?" I asked.

"He went to work. He said that he still have to go work for this guy named Toby."

"Alright." I walked to the kitchen to get some peanuts for Joan.

"Us burning the raccoons' home is on the news." Marcel said. I went back to the dining table and set the peanuts and Joan down.

"What?"

"Look," Marcel showed me the newspaper. "Two days ago, there was a small fire at the beach, in an abandonment area. Investigators went to take a look at the scene and found a couple of raccoons dead. People reported to us that they saw the protectors heading over there before the fire started. Someone, who is a raccoon and was there during the scene, stated that, 'The protectors some how found our home and started creating fire at the village. Mostly, all raccoons thought this was a sign to end every trouble we made during the past. Those who died from the fire will be missed.'"

"Oh no..." I said.

"What?"

"Is this over the news?!"

"Yeah. I think a lot of people are talking about how great it is that the raccoons know their place now."

"No no no..." I ran to my room and got dress. I put on black pants and a black T-shirt, wearing a red jacket over. I came back and pushed my hair up, while using my other hand to grab the car keys

"What's wrong?" Marcel asked.

"Jonathan is going to fucking see this! He'll be pissed once he finds out that we were the ones who burn down his home."

"Oh shit.. Do you know where he works at?!"

"Toby's Snacks. I fucking regret all of this!" I yelled as I open the door and head out.

Delirious' POV

I came out of the back, carrying boxes of chips. I put them where the other chips were at and threw the box back at the back. I jumped over the counter and started cleaning it. I turn on the radio and the TV.

"Jon!" I heard Toby yelled.

"What is it?" I yelled back.

"Did you hear what happened to those fucking raccoons?!" He said while laughing. What is he talking about?

"N-No.." I replied. He came out of the back holding a newspaper in his hand.

"Read this shit!" Toby said as he pointed at the page to read. "I'll be watching the soccer game, alright?" He said. I nodded my head and read what the article said.

My eyes widen in shock. I felt my legs turn weak. I hit the counter with my hand and saw tears hitting the paper. They fucking took my home away...

Vanoss' POV

I got out of the car and ran inside the store. I look around for Jon and didn't see him. A man walked out of the back when he heard me come in.