013

[ y/n's pov ] 

--

"do i really have a choice to work with you? like that short dude said, if i don't work will y'all, ill die, right?" i ask. 

"short dude? taehyun?" 

"oh yeah that kid." 

"that kid is older and taller than you." huening states. 

"whatever," i roll my eyes, "what if i get assassinated?" i quickly change the topic.

huening pauses for a second, "lets not think like that," he slightly smiles. "anyways, ill tell taehyun that youll be working with us, you'll have to sign some papers before it's all official though." 

"uhm okay," i mumble, huening stands up from his seat, and i follow his lead. 

"oh no, you stay here, ill be right back," he corrects me, signaling me to sit down, and i do. he quickly leaves the room, and i sit there awkwardly. i start thinking to myself, what if i actually die because of this? it's better than getting yelled at my landlord, i guess. but at the same time my landlord might send people to find me in a week or two if i don't pay my rent. i managed to buy myself a few more weeks but it's not gonna last forever. they might even raid my apartment, empty it, give everything to goodwill, and sell it to a responsible person. forget the landlord, he can go choke or somethi-

the door swings open again, signaling huening has returned. "okay," he pants, "so just sign these right here," he slams the papers on the table separating us, and points to an empty line. he slides a pen on the desk, and my eyes quickly skim the paper to make sure im not signing up for a scam. after a couple seconds of useless skimming, i pick up the pen and scribble my signature on the paper.

"okay, now here," kai flips the paper, and points to another fill-in-the-blank. assuming it's not anything that'll kill me, i quickly scribble on my signature without glancing at the paper. "okay! your all set! i think your first mission is tomorrow so rest well!" 

"what." 

"your. first. mission. is. tomorrow." huening adds pauses between the words. 

"mission? what mission? im i killing someone? if i have to, i quit." i blabber. 

"i don't think you'll be getting much action in this mission. but you and yeonjun will be working together. he'll tell you the details in the morning. but for now let's get you settled into the guest room." huening politely offers.

"sure," i offer a smile back, hoping im not scaring him. i stand up along with huening, and gladly he doesn't tell me to sit back down this time. we walk out the room, down a hall and up a flight of stairs, and then another. soon we're in a hall of doors. 

"okay so this here," huening points to a door, "is the bathroom, id advise you not to use that one because everyone shares that bathroom so you should stick to the one in your guest room. speaking of that," we arrive to the door at the end of the hall, "here's the guest room. it's the smallest guest room so i hope it's cozy!" i creak the door open, and reveal the room. 

the bed sits against a wall, a night stand nit far away from the bed. a lamp sits on the nightstand, alongside with an alarm clock. theres also a huge wardrobe in the other side of the room next to a desk, the room is a very minimalistic like room. it's bigger than my whole apartment. 

i don't notice my jaw dropped until huening speaks up, "is it nice?" i close my mouth, and struggle to form some words. 

"yeah, it's pretty huge to be the smallest guest room." i say, still in shock. the blonde boy giggles at my eyes, which were still widened and my whole reaction. 

"well, you enjoy the room, we put a few clothes in the wardrobe for you so feel free to look around. my room is to the left of you room, the first door. so if you need anything just knock." he smiles brightly, causing me to smile too. 

"i wil," i brightly smile back, and huening walks off, and i shut the room door behind him after walking in. i take another glance around the room, and see a door i didnt notice before, i assume it's the bathroom huening was talking about so i don't bother going in there. but i rush to the wardrobe, and swing the door open, still careful enough so i don't break anything.

the wardrobe is filled with fancy dresses, designer shirts, sweatpants, bags, hat, shoes, everything in the wardrobe was designer. i shut the wardrobe, and rush over to the bed, and fling myself on the bed, and as i do, the door swings open, but i don't notice.

--

(i made the schools volleyball teammmmm)