020

[ y/n's pov ] 

--

i wake up to a pounding pain in my right foot. and to top it off, i have a throbbing headache. i let out a grunt as i roll over, trying not to hurt my foot. i close my eyes tightly, and try to recall what happened last night.  

oh right, you got shot in the foot. i remind myself. 

suddenly, the image of taehyun in his suit last night pops up in my head. i open my eyes trying to shrug the thought off. but he looked so good. 

i roll over in the bed, groaning as i shift my foot. why did i think rolling over would get the thought out of my head? 

i hear the door creak open, "y/n, are you okay?" huenings voice speaks.

"why do y'all just keep coming in without knocking? i could've been naked," i mumble. 

"half of the time we come in here, you're asleep." huening says. 

"whatever," i roll my eyes, i roll over towards huenings direction, ignoring the stinging pain in my foot.

"how does your foot feel?"

"it feels like there's a thousand of needles stabbing the middle of my foot, but other than that, i also have a throbbing headache. but im perfectly fine." i sarcastically smile. 

"i can get you some pain killers, do want anything to eat?" 

"if you have cereal or toast either is fine. but please bring me some orange juice." i add.

"okay ill be right back," huening adds before running off.

- time skip - 

"the disrespect! how dare you fall asleep while i went get your food!?" huening yells into my face, and my eyelids shoot open.

"im sorry you took forever to get back," i mumble, sitting up in my bed.

"take the food before i eat it myself," huening holds out a tray of food on it. i examine the food on the tray before taking it into my own hands, and placing it on my lap. 

"thank you hueningggg" i smile. 

"ew don't do that lovey dovey stuff," huening points a finger towards his mouth, acting like he's puking. "anyways, we're moving out today." huening says a little to casually.

"why?" i ask, before stuffing some cereal into his mouth.

"so we don't get bombed," huening states again.

"why is everyone out to kill y'all-" 

"it's just something that happens when your in this industry and you have enemies," huenung shrugs. 

"enemies? y'all have enemies? why?" i question.

"long story short, we stole this formula from another gang, and killed their leader in the process so they've been holding a grudge on us since, and they consistently track us down just to try and kill us or blow us up." 

"i-" 

"so do you want me to pack for you or can you do it yourself?" huening cuts my off.

"i can manage." i answer, my eyes still wide. 

"okay, if you need help just call for me, ill put a couple of suitcases by your door later." huenings says, before leaving. 

- time skip -

i finally finish shoving food down my throat, and decide to go pack some clothes. i stumble out if my bed, trying to gain my balance without hurting my foot. i see two suitcases in front of my door, and make a mental note to thank huening kai later. 

i drag the suit cases into the room, and lay them down next to me, as i sit down in front of the wardrobe. i open the wardrobe up, and then just stare at the clothes. it would be a waste to take some clothes and leave the others right? why not just take all of them? what if they don't fit? ill just make it fit.

i start taking clothes out of the wardrobe, and placing them into one of the suitcases, when i hear heavy footsteps coming into my room. i lean past the wardrobe doors, to see a panicked and out of breath huening kai. 

"did you just run a marathon?" i jokingly say. 

"y/n we gotta go. now." he says rushingly.

"man i didn't even pack anything." i pout. 

"we'll buy you some stuff later, we need to go now." huening kai says, and by the tone of his voice, i can tell he's serious. i stand up, ignoring the pain in my foot, and rushingly walk towards huening.

"any reason we're leaving so soon?" i ask, following huening down the hall. 

"minus the fact there's a bomb under the house the due to go off in two minutes, just for fun," huening kai says sarcastically. as he says that, it urges me to walk faster, causing the pain in my foot to shoot up my leg, but i ignore it.  

"that's a good reason," i rush down the stairs behind huening. "where are the others?" 

"they're already at the car waiting for us." huening says, and we rush to the front door. we quickly make our way to the car, and jump into the back seat. huening, beomgyu, yeonjun, and i are squished in the backseats, while taehyun and soobin have the luxury of the driver and passenger seat.

"soobin, drive." taehyun says, from the passenger seat. soobin immediately slams on the gas, causing us to jerk forward. as we speed off, a loud explosion goes off in the distance. my head spins backwards to see the house that was once there, in flames. it kinda looked like one of those movie scenes. i turn my head back, and little shocked from the explosion, but everyone else seems calm. a little too calm.

"are y'all used to this?" i ask, eyeing everyone's oddly calm facial expression.

"i wouldn't say used to it, but it's not shocking. far worse has happened." soobin says, from the drivers seat, and yeonjun signals that he agrees by humming. 

"far worse? what do you me-" 

"it'd be better if we didn't talk about that, now who wants mcdonalds?!" soobin cuts me off, as we pull up to a mcdonalds drive thru. 

--

(a/n: such an iconic way to end a chapter🤭 also, extremely sorry for disappearing for 5 days)