042

[ y/n's pov ]

--

for once, i wake up on my own, without someone slapping, shaking, or yelling me awake. it takes me a second to adjust to the sunlight spilling through the blinds, but my eyes manage to settle themselves. i know it's too early for me to be awake, but i know since i stirred awake it's going to be almost impossible to go back to sleep.

i crawl out of my bed, escaping for the blankets grasp. i quickly spot the ice cream sandwich wrapper i tossed across the room, but i ignore it. i should've just threw it away, how did i convince myself i was going to pick it up this morning?

ignoring my thoughts, i stumble out my room, and down the stairs. i don't know exactly where im going, but being in my room didn't seem like something i wanted to do right now.

the first place i journey to is the kitchen, which is almost as empty as their pantry, meaning everyone is in the kitchen.

"is their a group meeting i don't know about?" i asked, confused why everyone was in the kitchen at 9 in the morning.

"perfect timing y/n, why don't you explain to beomgyu how you stole his ice cream sandwich last night?" taehyun immediately frames me.

i turn towards beomgyu, "i stole your ice cream sandwich last night," i confess, almost making it sound like a question. 

"y/n would never," beomgyu refuses to believe, even though i know he knows that i ate it. he just wants something to talk about, and i don't blame him.

"she shamelessly stole it?" taehyun argues making it sound like a question.

"are y'all seriously debating about an ice cream sandwich?" i ask.

"actually not to long ago beomgyu vented to us about his pet frog." soobin corrects.

"HIS NAME IS FRED! AND HE WAS A CLASS PET!" beomgyu screams viscously. 

"long story short beomgyu poured some melted chocolate in the habitat for 'fred' so he could experience chocolate. but beomgyu poured the chocolate on the frog a burnt his eyes, and he died a day later because beomgyu never cleaned the chocolate off him. and the frog went blind." yeonjun adds on.

"beomgyu?" 

"yolo." he spins around, acting like he's looking for something in a cabinet.

"none of this still explains why y'all are all up at 9 in the morning." i comment.

"beomgyu had a nightmare of fred coming back to life and crawling into beomgyus mouth and eating all his internal organs so he woke everyone up besides you." huening tired adds. 

"what grade was this?" i question.

"3rd." soobin peeps.

"i-"

"if you don't have anything nice to say dont say anything at all," beomgyu mocks a cry.

"whatever," i mumble. beomgyu and i have a love-hate relationship, at least that's how id describe. one moment i could be spilling my feelings to him, the next we're arguing about the littlest things.

"did we wake you up?" huening wonders after a comfortable moment of silence. 

"not that i know of," i shrug.

"really? because after all the screaming beomgyu was doing, i thought you'd be awake at least an hour ago." soobin adds.

"y'all were awake an hour ago?" my eyes bugle. 

"not willingly." yeonjun murmurs.

"from what i recall you were the second most worried person." taehyun snarks.

"that was before beomgyu told us about his frog philosophy." yeonjun snorts.

"frog philosophy doesn't make any sense," beomgyu remarks.

"neither does your little frog dream." yeonjun yawns.

"it makes perfect sense!" argued beomgyu. i smile slightly, happy because beomgyus recovering, but yeonjun rolls his eyes annoyance. but i can tell he's glad beomgyus returning. 

"im done with y'all." huening bluntly states, standing up from his seat.

"where are you going?" soobins tired, and soft voice speaks.

"to sleep." and with that, huenings gone. 

"well, you know what they say.." i pause, "be a follower, not a leader. goodnight!" i smile, and rush off after huening. i know im not about to go back to sleep, i can't. but it's better than being downstairs with.. him

quickly, i stomp off into my room, to see an amused huening sitting on my bed. "what the he-"

"so?" he arches a brow.

"so what?" i furrow my eyebrows in return.

"did you find out?" he asks, his incomplete sentences not helping me trying to figure out what he means.

"find out what.." i pause, him.

"about taehyun?"

"that i like him?" 

"that you love him." huening corrects.

"where is this going?" i ask, annoyance sprinkled in my tone.

"you need to confess to him," huening urges.

"kai, this isn't middle school." i yawn.

"exactly, so man up and tell him." 

"im a woman?-" 

"you get my point." huening groans. 

"why does is matter to you so much?" i turn the tables and ask him questions instead.

"because im tired of both you and taehyun venting to me about eachother when it's extremely obvious you both like eachother." huening inhales a big breath, "so if you don't tell him soon, he's gonna find out through me." 

"but it wouldn't be romantic," i pout, settling down on my bed next to huening.

"oooh, so you admit that you love him?" huening arches a brow.

"i didn't say that." i stutter out, actually wondering if i outed myself.

"but you indirectly said it." kai points out, and i let out a groan.

"i don't know anymore." i grunt, stuffed my face in my blanket.

"y/n, it's so obvious that your in love with him," huening spirs out.

"but what if i don't want to be?" i ask, letting a little to emotion out into my question.

"you cant control love, y/n, it controls you." huenings suggests, and for some reason it makes sense.

-- 

(a/n: talk that talk)