038

[ y/n's pov ]

--

"so you actually want to do this?" taehyun asks, reassuring me again.

"heck yeah! im not letting heights stop me!" i scream back.

"okay then, because there's no going back now." taehyun deadpans, not helping the pit inside my stomach. 

we're currently sitting in roller coaster seats, i some how managed to convince him to ride the roller coaster instead of the carousel. we're somewhere in the middle of the roller coaster, but closer to the back. people fill almost every seat but two, which are missing their seatbelts. and of course, that doesn't help with my fear.

"your 100 percent sure?" taehyun asks again, i cant tell if he's concerned for me or just teasing me.

"you know, everytime you ask me, i regret this a little more. so if you shut your mouth, then maybe i would be 100 percent sure." i blurt out, casting a sarcastic smile towards taehyun.

"whatever you say, sweet cheeks." taehyun smirks jokingly. ever since that lady complimented us, calling us a 'cute couple' taehyun wouldn't stop using cheesy nicknames.

the workers go around, making sure everyone's seatbelt is on properly. they quickly check everyone's, and start a countdown. 

im pretty sure my nervousness is showing on my face, because taehyun looks at me teasingly. "something wrong, y/n?" he leans his head towards the side, and since im looking straight forward i can barely see him.

"nope. im perfectly fine." i lie, and my shaky voice doesn't help. 

right after the words escape my mouth, my body jerks backwards as the roller coaster shoots forward. i unconsciously let out a scream, but quickly shut my mouth. 

"that's five dollars!!" taehyun yells back to me, and i frown. 

i forgot that me and taehyun made a deal, everytime someone screams is five dollars for the other person. 

the roller coaster violently jerks side to side while turning, and then i see a loop going upside down ahead of us. "are you serious?" i mumble, and it comes out as a whisper. 

the other passengers let out loud shrieks and screams, while me and taehyun sit in silence. i feel a scream crawl on my tongue, threatening to fly out my mouth. but i swallow it down, im already in a five dollar debt. the roller coaster shoots around the loop, and another scream shoots out my mouth, and i already regret it. 

"that's-" taehyun starts yelling.

"i know! i know! 10 dollars!" i yell back, interrupting him with annoyance in my voice. we should have just gone on the stupid carousel. 

the rest of the ride goes by in a flash, and i struggle to hold back my screams. i forgot what made me think i wouldn't scream at all. the ride jerks to a stop, causing everyone including me to jerk forward. im pretty sure my eyes are popping out my head, because taehyun lets out a laugh as he turns my way. 

the staff unbuckle everyone's seatbelt, one by one, and as soon as we got on, we're off. 

"pay up." taehyun states, as we hop out the ride. he makes a money gesture with his head, while looking me in the eye. 

i glare out him, before narrowing my eyes. "give me two weeks," i mutter, obviously have no money on me. taehyun smiles before letting out a couple of giggles. 

"where to next?" he asks, after finishing his laughing fit. 

"i don't know, mcdonalds?" i suggest.

"mcdonalds? y/n, we're at an amusement park, not the  outlet." 

"they don't even have a mcdonalds at the nearest outlet." 

"your missing the point here," taehyun throws me an annoyed glare.

"you were trying to make a point?" 

"let's go to the photo booth," taehyun disregards my whole question, and points towards a point booth near a popcorn stand. 

"absolutely not, that's what corny couples do." i joke. 

"we're not a corny couple, we're a cute couple." taehyun smiles, still mocking that lady from the carousel line. 

"if you wanted to go to the photo booth so bad, you could've just said so," i mutter under my breath, stomping towards the photo booth, ignoring my flushed cheeks. 

"something wrong, y/n?" taehyun mocks, obviously knowing he's flustered me.

"nope. im perfectly fine." i lie, which ive become fairly well at. i whip open the curtains of the photo booth, and plop myself on the seat. taehyun follows me, not far behind, and he inserts a couple coins into the machine. 

i feel a little bad for not being able to pay, because i have no money, but i don't let it show. "smile for the camera, y/n," taehyun mocks, flashing a smile himself.

"but if we're just smiling it'll be no fun we have to do sil-" the blinding flash of the camera blinds me, causing me to pause my sentence and close my eyes tightly. 

"you were saying?" taehyun mocks, who was already posing for the photo. 

i scoff under my breath, before posing for the camera too. i put bunny ears behind taehyuns head, im not even sure if the camera can see them, but i do it anyway. 

i slightly stick my tounge out, and taehyun does the same. again, the camera flashes almost making me want to shut my eyes, but i don't. i quickly readjust my pose, to something totally different from the last one.

"how many of these are their?" i ask through gritted teeth.

"four," taehyun replies in the same condition as me.

im currently holding two peace signs up, my eyes in between one of each. im flashing an over exaggerated smile, and i cant even focus on what taehyuns doing beside me. then, the blinding flash of the camera goes off again. 

"okay last pose, what should i do?" i ask, genuinely stumped.

"i have an idea," taehyun turns towards me.

"we don't have much tim-" 

taehyuns hand meets my chin, as he lifts my head towards his, and our faces out millimeters away from eachother. i can feel taehyuns breath on my lips, and it finally hits me what position we're in. before i could react, taehyun presses his lips against mine.

--

(a/n: I LOVE CLIFFHANGERS SM 🫶🫶🫶)