031

[ y/n's pov ]

-

me and soobin treated some scars on beomgyus thighs, and it might be just me, but the scars seemed like they spelled out words. horrible words.

strangely, after we treated beomgyus wounds, soobin went to yeonjuns room. but i didn't bother asking. instead, i was going to head back downstairs, but as i passing the first door to the stairs, i heard quiet little sobs and sniffling. since the door was cracked open, i was able to see who it was, and to my surprise, it was taehyun.

concern immediately rushes through my body, and i debate whether i should go inside or not, and i do. i slightly push the door open, "taehyun?" i speak, almost in a whisper.

milliseconds after i call his name, his face shoots towards my direction, his eyes puffy and filled with tears. his cheeks and nose are tinted a light shade of red, but have more hue than pink. taehyuns sitting on the floor, infront of his desk, his knees to his chest. "w-what are you doing here?" he chokes on his own tears, and i realized i've never seen his so fragile. i haven't seen most of the members fragile, but taehyun seems to maintain this cold and stern image. (excluding the karaoke night, in his defense everyone, besides me and huening, were drunk)

"what's wrong?" i immediately rush to taehyuns side, closing the door behind me, and sitting next to him. taehyun observes me for a second, before spilling it all out.

"this is all my fault." he starts, before squeaking out a hiccup, "if i had done more research, i would've known that wooyoung worked there, and picked someone else to take beomgyus place, but i didn't. i just wanted t-to get the job done, and get rid of the formula. i hurt one of my friends." he puts his head down on his knees, letting a few more tears slide down his cheeks.

"it's not your fault. you didn't hurt beomgyu, that wooyoung guy did. you cant blame yourself for something you can't control. if you do, your never gonna be happy." i say, a little shocked it sounded so inspirational.

taehyun looks up at me, and i take this time to soak up his beautiful features. he looks so ethereal, even while he's crying. without a warning, taehyun wraps me into a hug, leaving me shocked for a second. i hesitate on hugging him back, but i end up doing it anyways. i feel taehyun soak up my shirt sleeve with tears, i but i don't mind.

"thank you, y/n." taehyun whispers, and i feel my cheeks heat up. the way he says my name is so addicting.

"n-no problem," i sputter out a response and taehyun lets go if me, so i do too.

taehyun flashes me a smile and i swear i almost pass out. am i sick? i shouldn't be so light-headed, i ate well today, i drank tons of water (actually just two cups), and i sick. i press a hand against my forehead, i feel fine. are my internal organs failing?-

"are you okay?" taehyuns says, a smile on his face and lets out a soft laughter.

"i don't know," i say with wide eyes.

taehyun genuinely looks concerned, "what's wrong?" he asks, raising a brow.

"nothing-" i stand up off the floor, "but-" i start tumbling over, and stub my toe on taehyuns desk leg. why did i think these socks would protect me? i mutter a couple of curses before continuing, "i think i have to go." i suggest, still making a face due to stubbing my toe.

"you think?" taehyun suppresses his laughter.

"i think? did i say that? i didn't mean to say that. what i meant to say was, i know i need to go." i smile awkwardly, and the laughter shows on taehyuns face.

"nothings stopping you," he says, struggling to hold his laughter back.

"right," i swing the door open, "bye," i peep, popping my head out the door, and leaving, lightly closing the door behind me.

i stand there for a second, danggit y/n, why are you so awkward? i think to myself. i hadn't noticed when i was in the room, but my heart seems to be beating extremely fast.

i run back to my room, ditching the idea of going downstairs, and close the door behind me. i plop my body on the bed.

if only i had my phone, i would be able to google symptoms and see what diseases i have.

but since i don't, id have to guess and leave it to my imagination.

so i either have low iron deficiency, heart failure, or i have the plague from the 1600s. i mentally conclude.

(a/n: HELLO READERS, HOW ARE YALL?)