026

[ beomgyus pov ]

--

jung wooyoung.

i saw soobin glance at me in concern through the corner of my eye, and i felt my heart rate speed up. what the bloody mess is wooyoung doing in a gang? as a nurse? as far as i know he wanted to be a professional boxer.

i can feel my heartbeat in my hands, feet, neck, and my heart is pounding against my chest. my chest aches as my heart rapidly slams again my rib cage over and over, and i let in a sharp breath.

am i having a panic attack?

my forehead starts dampening with sweat. and i feel my hands start sweating too.

"yes, actually, we are new to the job. boss sent us here." taehyun speaks, drawing my attention back to our current situation. i draw my eyes down to wooyoungs name tag.

it's him.

it's actually him.

the guy who ruined my life.

the guy who ruined love for me.

the guy who ruined everything for me.

"great to have some more medics working with us. we were actually running short on nurses, so im glad you guys came along." wooyoung plasters a smile. that stupid smile of his. that fake, foolish, smile.

soobin brushes his hand against mine, trying to comfort me without wrapping his arms around me and letting me cry into his embrace. my hand slightly twitches at the sudden contact. i slightly rub my hand against his, trying to convince soobin im okay but it seems to make him more worried.

"anyway, follow me and ill give you a little tour of the center," wooyoung suggests, and looks back at both me and soobin. but he looks at me slightly longer. i think.

my head is spinning so fast i can't even think properly. i don't know how long wooyoung looks at me, but it seems like forever. my body heats up, with anger, frustration, and i have to hold back the urge to lunge and wooyoung right then and there.

the second passes, and wooyoung locks his eyes forward, and enters a room i didn't even notice when i walked in. taehyun follows, and so do me and soobin. we enter the room, following wooyoung like clones.

i managed to steady my heartbeat, and my chest pain disappears, and in place of it i get a pounding headache. i close my eyes tightly, before opening them wide again.

"this is the patient room, where injured combat fighters and fighters in general come if they get injured. if they're seriously injured and we need to perform surgery, we have private rooms for it." wooyoung states. we all nod in understandment, looking like minions.

wooyoung then leads us out the room, and into another room, with only two patient beds, a mini fridge, and two standing trays for equipment. "and this," wooyoung points to the mini fridge, "is the formula fridge. we have have three containers in there. im pretty sure you've heard about the formula, since it is the first thing that is discussed when your hired." wooyoung states in a matter-a-fact tone. and it takes everything in me to prevent myself from pouncing on his and beating his face. he hasn't changed a bit. the same haircut. same facial structure. still has his stupid eyebrow slit on his left eyebrow, and it looks freshly slit.

"yes indeed, we're all aware of it," taehyun speaks for us, probably able to sense my anger from in front of me.

"great! ill show you to the equipment center and body disposal." wooyoung says without hesitation. again, wooyoung leads us out of the room, and shows us to the equipment room. but what really stuns me that their "body disposal" is just a dumpster full of patients that didn't make it through their surgery, or died before a procedure could be performed on them.