049

[ taehyuns pov ] 

--

everyone sits in a suffocating silence in the doctors office, no one dares to speak. the sounds of metal equipment and doctors ushering patients around fills my ears. me, soobin, and yeonjun occupy three seats on one side of the waiting room, while beomgyu and huening occupy two on the opposite side. 

the amount of people in this hospital makes me sick. imagine how many people feel the pain of possibly losing a loved one? or just the pain of losing a loved one? 

"is anyone here for lee y/n?" a nurse i didn't notice spoke up, and beomgyus head (along with yeonjuns, soobins, and huenings) spun towards me. without having to say anything, the nurse obviously knew we were but signaled me to follow her, "come with me please," she murmured.

i took no time following the nurse to a room (room 318 to be exact), where y/n laid on a bed. she head was wrapped up, then bandage wrapping around her forehead three times. her face looked a little pale, and her lips dry. the wires and strings attached to y/n made it hard to look at her. she looked so peaceful, yet the setting she's in is the opposite. 

"sir, what connection do you have with ms. y/n?" the nurse asks, clutching a clipboard under her arm. and for some reason, that question stumped me, what were we? it's obvious we liked eachother, but id never got the chance to take her on a date.

"sir?" the nurse interrupts my thoughts.

"we're dating," i speak up, my throat slightly hoarse. she scribbles something onto her clipboard. 

"sir, does she have a guardian?" 

"no ma'am."

"and you're responsible for y/n?"

"shes old enough to be on her own," i murmur, and i wasn't lying, she's eighteen, almost nineteen.

"what i meant was, in situations like this do i update you on her health?" 

"yes ma'am."

"please fill this out for me," she hands me the clipboard, with a sheet of paper on it. half of the paper was for the nurse to fill out, then half was for the guardian to fill out. i felt a little strange filling it out, by i just filled out what seemed to be the right answer. after i finished, i returned the clipboard to the nurse.

"thank you . . . taehyun." she reads my name off the board. she places the clipboard on a table before glancing over at y/n. "now y/n, she has very minimum damages to her head, but since she was hit in the temple there's no telling when she will wake up. our estimate is sometime tomorrow." 

i feel a huge weight lift off my shoulders, and i nod my head. 

"are those her friends out there?" she asks.

"yes ma'am." 

"they can come see her."

--

(a/n: GRATATA)