For You-Jisoo

pairing: kim jisoo x gender neutral reader

genre & theme: angst

words: 0.6k

It's late at night when there's a knock at your apartment door, and you're already laying in bed at that time, your pajamas on as you watch the latest episode from a drama. You pause the show as you hear the first knock, your eyes furrowing as you wait to hear another to see if you weren't just hearing things.

You get up when there's another knock and are almost at the bedroom door when you realize what you're wearing isn't really appropriate to open the door in. You cross to your bathroom, hearing the knocks continue and you yell, "Just a moment!" in hopes it'll stop them waking your neighbors up as you grab a robe, tying the tie over your waist.

Whatever you expected to see at the door at eleven at night, was definitely not this. Jisoo stood in front of you, her hair wet and her clothes sticking to her body. You look behind you at the window, now hearing the rain patter against the window.

"Oh my God, Jisoo, come in," you usher her in, "Let me grab a towel, or maybe two."

You hand her the towel as she sits on your couch after you pressuring her too, saying it was leather, and it was okay. She had a towel for her hair, and the other for her body.

"Jisoo," you start and she just knows you're about to chastise her, "It's eleven, why are you here? You're soaking!"

Jisoo sighs, and you frown, "Is something wrong?" You lay a hand on her leg and she looks down at it, before swallowing and looking back at you.

"I need to tell you something," she says, trying to ignore the sound of her heartbeat in her ears, but the feeling of your hand on her leg is making her distracted, so she moves her leg to the right and your hand falls to your side.

You seem to notice but you don't say anything about it, just asking again, "What is it?"

"It's important," she seems to try to stall but when she sees your look, she sighs, "I..."

"You can tell me, whatever it is," you say, "We're best friends, you know I'll still love you."

"It's... I like you," she looks up at you, her eyes glistening with unshed tears, "I have since we met at that photoshoot. And I know, I know you're still getting over Nayeon-" you sit up straight, swallowing as she mentions your ex-girlfriend's name, "but oh my God, I can't help it. I'm so, so sorry, Y/N."

"I don't know what to say," you murmur, rubbing your hands against your legs.

"You don't have to," she whispers, her head bowing down as she blinks away the tears, but some fall anyway.

"I'm sorry I can't return your feelings, Jisoo," you say instead, "I'm ... you're right, I'm still getting over Nayeon. The last thing I want to do is hurt you, and hurt me, and our friendship, so I'm not going to act like I like you romantically, at least ... not yet. Maybe ... if this had happened before, I'd have feelings for you.."

"I'll wait," she murmurs, "For you, I'd do anything."

"Jisoo," you sigh, "I don't know if I'll ever return your feelings, I don't have control of that."

"I know," she nods her head, wiping the tears on her cheeks away, "And that's okay, don't feel pressured. I'm okay as long as you're still in my life, as my best friend." She looks up at you, "Are you?"

"Of course I am," you scoff, "Just because feelings are uncontrollable does not mean you're not my best friend anymore."

Jisoo smiles, a bit teary, "Thank you."

"Anything for you," you smile back.

a/n: back with the oneshots 😽

         please vote for the story <3