Puppy Love-Joy

theme: fluff

word count: 0.7k

a/n: ik joy is in a relationship, but i had to write a joy oneshot because i felt like to do so

-----

You and Joy were always very close, following each other around on tour like lost puppy dogs. All the red velvet members, and even SM, knew that you two were practically inseparable. There was just something in the way she acted around you, so gentle and caring and yet not afraid to mess around either. All of the velvets called you 'Sister' except for the shy Joy, who opted for your real name, '(Y/N)', instead. Irene was always an adamant creature of habit and in the beginning, would scold Joy for doing so, but as time passed, she realized it was simply not worth the fight. Joy was more apprehensive than her ghoul brethren, most attributing it to her element of water. For this reason, Irene decided against enforcing the rule as Joy's outward happiness was a less than common occurrence.

You loved that woman so much, hence why you found yourself standing a few meters away from stage, with a bouquet of off-white roses and a bottle of water at your side. Knowing that she would be tired, thirsty and a bit doubtful of herself after the performance, you had purchased a few items to hopefully cheer her up. Performing so brilliantly was a tiring act after all.

The familiar tune of "Bad Boy" was one you knew all too well. One of your favorites, right after "Dumb Dumb". The crowd had erupted into wild and feverish cheers, seemingly just as excited and bliss filled as you. After they performed, "Hello, Sunset" was their ending song, perfect for sending off the night's ritual, or 'concert' as the outsiders knew it. Your heart swelled with pride at the sight of Joy, bouncing on stage, garnering attention from all. She was in the same position as always, next to Irene. Red Velvet were known for having impressive vocals and being extremely active on stage, especially Seulgi, who loved interacting with people. Joy would usually do the same, but she kept distance instead, to let the other members gain the spotlight.

'Thank you everybody' Irene called out, addressing the audience of the ritual. Another successful concert, done and dusted. Wendy was more than happy to hold this event, which she expressed in her actions and words. As the group took their bows, you felt a smile creep up your face. Confetti and cheers were being tossed out, the fans always loved that. Your following had to be one of the kindest and you all were so lucky to have them.

A few moments had passed before the crew began to wrap up, one by one, each members started coming off into the side pits of the stage to meet you. It was always in the same order, Yeri, Irene, Wendy, Seulgi and finally, Joy.

'Great job out there guys. Killed it, like always' You cheered, giving Yeri a fist bump as she passed by. The freezing metal rings on her hand caused your skin to jump at the touch.

'Thank you, Sister' Irene acknowledged before disappearing behind a set of black, crushed velvet curtains. As soon as Joy caught sight of you, she rushed over, setting aside her ear-in mics in the instrument rack.

'(Y/N)' she chirped, correcting himself with a cough, 'Sister...' Her gaze drifted from your stunning face to the bouquet held limply in your arms. 'Why do you have a bouquet?'

You extended your offerings of water and roses, praying to Lucifer that she would like it. You knew exactly what type of roses were her favorite, that being white English roses. She claimed they smelt the best. 'I knew you'd be tired and thirsty, as for the roses... it's just because you did an amazing job'.

Even under her facade that she put infront of her fans standing backstage, you could watch her face melt as she took the flowers ever so gently from your hands. 'You got me flowers?' She cooed. 'Mhmm' you gave a cheerful nod. Without another word, she embraced your soft, and short heighted body than that of Joy in an iron hug, your body overwhelmed with warmth. Joy tilted her head down to place the softest kiss upon the crown of your head. When she broke away, she tucked the flowers behind her arm and consumed the whole bottle of water on the spot. 'Thank you, Darling'

'It's glad you like it Joy. ' You bubbled, blush rising to your cheeks.

There would be lots of cuddles in store for you later and you knew that in matter of fact.