Overworked-Soyeon

A YuYeon fic

[requested]

word count: 0.4k

------------

Soyeon always worked hard. More than hard most days. Sometimes to the brink of exhaustion if no one stopped her. She never thought of it as work though. She always got struck with inspiration and would work for hours and hours without a break. Not thinking of anything else other than finishing what she was working on.

She had sent a text to the group that she would be staying the entire day at the studio, and to not burn the dorm down in her absence. Of course they all replied back with no promises because they just couldn't promise that.

Instead, the rest of the group decided to go out. Having fun with their rare day off. Yuqi wanted to hang out, but it all seemed to be a little weird to have fun without Soyeon. So she jumped ship about half way though, going to the studio to at least make sure Soyeon ate.

"What are you doing here?" Soyeon asked when she saw Yuqi walk into the little area.

"Thought I'd check on you. Have you eaten?" She asked.

"Uh.. Yeah. Ate earlier." Soyeon lied. Yuqi raised an eyebrow at her, waiting for the truth. "Okay, fine. No. I didn't." She sighed.

"You need to eat and rest. Today is our day off. Come on. Let's get you home." Yuqi said while tugging on her wrist.

"But I don't rest." Soyeon frowned. "I rest when I'm sleeping." She chuckled.

"Mental rest is a thing too." Yuqi pointed. Soyeon eventually gave in, knowing she wouldn't ever win an argument against her. Yuqi dragged her home, having her sit at the table while she cooked. Both of them chatting about a few things until everything was ready. When it was all done, they set up camp in the living room, watching movies while Yuqi fed her.

The rest of the group walked in, all content with their day. Still chatting about various things that had gone on, and stopped when they saw a very interesting sight on the couch.

"I thought you were in the studio all day." Minnie chuckled.

Soyeon was seated on Yuqi's lap while watching Toy Story with Yuqi feeding her. Soyeon reached over, pausing the movie to look at the rest of them, and let out a nervous laugh.

"Yeah... Change of plans." She chuckled.

"We're glad you're resting." Miyeon smiled.

They left the two on their own, happy that their leader was resting, but certainly didn't expect Yuqi to be the one to convince her to go home. Either way, they were glad it worked.