Crush-Lily

word count: 0.4 k

summary: You have a crush on Lily but don't know if she's gay

------

You had been coming to Sulbing for the past few weeks. Not to get ice cream, but to see a certain person who worked there.

"Lily!" You called out, catching the taller girl's attention. A smile graced her features upon seeing you.

"Hey Y/N" You smiled back and walked behind the counter. You wrapped your arms around Lily's neck and brought your body close to hers.

Lily's face turned bright red. She held her arms open, not knowing where to rest her hands. You pulled back and looked into her eyes. You always told her that she had the most beautiful eyes, though she never believed you.

One day you wanted to prove to her how beautiful they truly are.

"How are you?" She asked, trying to keep her voice steady. But the small gap between the two of you made it hard.

Lily had been secretly crushing on you for the past few weeks. However, it was no longer a secret because Haewon "The Oh My HAEWON" found out.

Lily noticed her looking through the slider that separated the back room from the counter. She glared at her, mouthing curse words to her. Haewon smirked and puckered up her lips, teasing her coworker.

You realized that Lily was not listing to you, so you followed her line of sight leading you right to Haewon. You watched as she made flirty faces with her, making her face go red. Your mind flashed back to all the times you saw them make eye contact with each other "secretly" and how Lily's cheeks would turn red when she walked into the room.

Your heart broke as you finally realized the truth you had been trying to hide.

You should have known that Lily could never like you as more than a friend. I mean, you were both girls. She probably would have thought you were weird and never talk to you again.

You thought that maybe, just maybe, she liked you back. But that thought crumbled along with your breaking heart.

Your arms slide off from around her neck, catching Lily and Haewon's attention.

"Y/N? Are you ok?" You looked back into her beautiful eyes. Tears clouded your vision, but you shook them off.

"I have to go," you told her, quickly walking away. You didn't want her to see you cry, especially over something so pitiful.

"Y/N!" She ran after you calling out your name.

"Y/N!" Her voice got quieter and quieter until you could no longer hear it.

You couldn't stop the tears from falling from your eyes any longer.

Guilt bubbled up inside your heart, for leaving Lily like that so suddenly. 

How could you explain why you suddenly left? You couldn't tell her the real reason; it would just ruin the friendship you had.

Maybe your parents were right, maybe being this way is a curse.