Arachnophobia-Irene

genre: fear(?) fluff (if you squint)

arachnophobia: fear of spiders

words: 0.2 k

lowercase intended

-----

irene fixed her hair in the mirror as she waited for you to get ready. she hummed and sat down on the couch as you walked over as you finished getting ready. she smiled up at you as she stood up. "all set?" you nodded and smiled as she held your hand loosely. the walk to the subway was nice and short since it was a 3 minute walk from your apartment.

she got on with you and found a seat. you smiled and sat next to her as she rested her head on your shoulder, a grin spreading across your face, until you focused on this black dot slowly.. but surely creeping down in front of you from the ceiling, within a split second you realized what it was. the eight legged and eight eyed creature, looking for a landing spot on your leg.

you jumped up quickly, your hands shaky as you pointed at it, trying to come up with the words you needed to say as irene looked at you confused. to you the spider seemed to be about the size of half your hand. maybe it was the high amount of focus you had as your eyes stuck to it. Irene looked and noticed then blinked as a stranger sat next to her. pushing the spider web to the ground and stepping on it as you blinked.

irene moved to the other side to sit next to you and embraced you in her arms. "it's okay love," she smiled as you nodded a little with a blink as she smiled and held you. "hey, at least that stranger killed it... right?" she laughed a little, making you laugh along with her.