Memory of us- Chaewon

gxg

theme: mix of angst and pinch of fluff, sad oneshot

context: chaewon has alzheimer and you; her wife are going to a trip you've dreamed of

word count: 530

-------

In the air. You were in the air.

You sighed shakily, clutching your wife's cold, pale hand. "God, I hate flights." You mumbled, slowly closing the small window beside you. Chaewon whined, looking over to you, her black dead eyes staring into your soul.

You looked over to her, tilted your head, and forced a weak smile to make her more comfortable. "You're scared too? Don't worry, hun, I'm right here." You reassured her, your smile becoming more genuine. Chaewon only stares at you, with a straight face. "No. I just want my wife." She states.

Your smile faded - she was having another episode.

"Chae, I am your wife. You dork."

Your wife smiles warmly at you, hugging your arm tight. You felt calmer, more relaxed. The thought that only in a few hours, you two would be on your dream vacation, eased your racing mind.

It took Chaewon a moment to process what you said before she spoke up. "No, no...I really appreciate how kind you've been to me for the past...Three or so minutes. But, how will we marry when we've just met? And besides, I'm already happily married to someone."

God, did this sadden you. Not being remembered by your own wife hurt. But you can't blame her, it wasn't her fault. Her sickness was uncurable, and it was only getting worse.

Your eyes teared up, and you held Chaewon close to you. "Baby...Do you even remember my name?" Your voice was shaky, and warm tears streamed down your face. She embraced you back, showing no emotions whatsoever.

"Hello, ma'am. Do you need anything?"

You looked up, seeing a brown-haired flight attendant. Wiping your tears, you let go of your wife. "Oh, uhm, can I please just get two bags of pretzels? I'm just sort of hungry." You smiled. The flight attendant smiled back, before noticing your visible distress.

"Ma'am, are you alright?"

You chuckled to yourself. You were gonna sound insane trying to explain this without crying. 'Oh yeah, my wife was stressed a lot due to her career and her idol life and stalkers caused her to have alzheimer.' Yeah, like hell she was gonna see you normally after saying that. With Chaewon's young age and baby face no one's gonna believe that she's almost brain dead.

"Well, my wife is a bit ill right now. We're going on her dream vacation. I know if she was all here right now she'd be so proud of me..." You sighed.

"I'm so sorry to hear that. Do you need anything else?" You shook your head, smiling softly. The attendant promptly walks off, as if that conversation never happened. You turned to your wife, who was knocked out cold, snoring lightly in uncomfortable posture and all. You giggled, taking your jacket off and putting it over her. What a cute sight, Chaewon curled up in her seat, covered by your different sized jacket.

Its a shame she won,t remember this in a few minutes.

God, she'd be so proud of you if she were all here right now.