For eternity- Yeji

lowercase intended 

 word count- 399

warnings - mentions of blood

theme- vampire au, cooking

-------------

it was a peaceful evening - contrary to popular belief, dating a vampire didn't mean every night was a fear fest. yeji sat slumped across the kitchen table, her eyes heavy. she wasn't tired physically - being an immortal meant exhaustion was an impossibility. but mentally exhausted... that was a different story.

yeji let out a heavy sigh, closing her red eyes.

"what's wrong, baby?" you asked softly from the stove. you were cooking stir-fry for yourself. being human, you could not (and would not) drink blood.

"just... tired," hummed your girlfriend. "ever since I put away human blood, I've just felt so empty."

you turned off the stove and walked over to her, placing your hands on her shoulders to massage the stone-like muscle.

"I can't imagine how much willpower it must take to deny your nature," you whispered, pressing your lips to her cold ear. "I love you so much for it."

finally, yeji sat up and turned, pulling you down into her cold embrace. her red eyes were soft as she nuzzled into your skin, which was warm with life.

"I don't care if I lose my energy. if I have you, it's all worth it."

her words made your heart twinge. you hated to see your love in pain.

"yeji," you whispered, caressing her lips. "I want you to bite me."

her eyes widened in horror. "what ?! no - "

"if you drink from me, you'll feel better, right?" you breathed. your neck was already tilting to allow her access. "I want you to. better me than a stranger, my love. and I trust you."

a protest was still forming on her lips when you gently grabbed the back of her head and pulled her mouth to the column of your throat.

"I'm yours, yeji," you whispered.

she mouthed the words back, imprinting them on your skin, right before her fangs hesitantly sank into your neck.

to your surprise, it didn't hurt. instead, all you felt was warmth, a romantic satisfaction. it felt... intimate. special.

yeji only took a little blood from you that day, but somehow, the act created a bond between you that felt even deeper than that of human love. it was a connection of pure trust and self-sacrifice, of loving enough to give of yourself.

suffice to say, whether you ever let her drink from you again or not, yeji would love you for eternity.

🥀🥀🥀