Freak-Ryujin

warnings: homophobia, cussing

word count: 569

------

Shin Ryujin, the definition of an angel. Soft as a feather, she has a beautiful soul. The sun shines brighter when she's around, my heart bangs against my chest when I see her smile. The times she made me feel safe just by being in my presence. But we're just friends, right?

Ryujin grabs her guitar and places it on her lap while she sits across from me on the bed. We finally have time together alone, with the nonstop patrolling and looting, we haven't had time to relax or even see each other. "Okay, so what do you want me to play?" She asks and leans back on the headboard to get comfortable.

"I really don't know any songs," I replied.

"Pick any song from there," she points at a crate full of records, CD's, and tapes. I hop off the bed and walk over to the overflown crate, sitting right beside it as I do so. I begin to rummage through her collection with songs older than us combined. Finally, I pulled out two records.

"I can't decide, which one do you want to play?" I asked as I held them out in front of her.

"This one is one of my favorites," She points to the record titled "All I Want". Ryujin adjusted her guitar and looked down as she began to play the song. "When you said your last goodbye, I died a little bit inside," She sang softly, as I watched her hands strumming on the strings of her guitar.

I shift on the cushioned bar stool trying to get comfortable all while watching her. Well, her and Karina. They're smiling. Laughing. Happy. Doing things that I'm not. I wallow in my own self-pity and jealousy. Why is she so fucking special? Honestly... what the hell am I even doing here? I turn in my seat ready to get up and leave but a slurred voice stops me.

"What are you staring at? Fucking creep. "JYP, the owner of the voice steps closer. "I know what you are," he chuckles. "You're one of them, a freak! Get the hell out of here, you don't belong in here." He finally finished. It's dead silent, only the music in the background accompanied his voice. All eyes are on me. Not that I'm looking, I don't want to, I don't need to, I can feel it. I then lock eyes with her. And I began to run, run, and run. I ran out the door, not looking back. I didn't make it that far, especially with the tears blurring my vision. I sit on the gravel that laid on top of the alley right beside the bar I just stormed out of. But just moments, minutes, hell even hours later is what it felt like, I feel a soft hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" She-Ryujin, crouched down to my level. I didn't respond, I just kept on crying. "Shit, that was a dumb question. Listen, ignore him, he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about."

"No. He's right," I wipe my face dry, and she sat right next to me.

"No. He's not. You're not a creep and you're definitely not a freak. You're perfect just the way you are." She pulled me into her arms, and we sat there. In each other's comfort and silence, no words spoken, staring into the nothingness.