Prequel

"So you came here just for me after all these years? Swapped and hopped bases as much as you could to get here Lieutenant Mazy?" Bradley joked as you two sat on a hill up behind base sharing a bottle of scotch.
Bradley snatched the bottle from the brown haired girl's hand.

"I guess. Living with dad wasn't cutting it anymore and he won't answer my questions about my mom." Mazy shrugged, picking at the blanket they sat on top of. She turned and watched as he took another long swig from the bottle.

"After Goose died," Mazy began, "And he graduated from Top Gun he bummed around basses. Going on missions I pretty much spent 3-10 on carrier ships while he flew missions he should've died on."
He grabbed the bottle back from her childhood best friend and took another drink.
"Then he started teaching me how to fly on state side when he instructed at Top Gun for two months." She took another drink.
"Then once I graduated from the high school on whatever base we were at I enlisted into the Navy. Went off to basic training and haven't seen him since. When I was sent to Top Gun I was expecting him there but he wasn't. That's when I met Phoenix and I began swapping out for back seating with her and flying by myself. Then we ended up assigned to the Black Ace's. And now I'm here." She smirked up at Bradley.

"I'm glad you're here," Bradley slinged an arm around her and kissed her cheek.