Chapter Four

Mazy furrowed her eyebrows as she got a text from her dad and Phoenix came around the corner holding her phone.

"Get the text too?" Phoenix held out her phone for Storm.

"Yep," Storm nodded, "I think I know what this is about but we'll see."

     The pair of girls got down to the beach by the hard deck climbing out of Phoenix's car and walking down the beach.
Storm tugged off her shirt revealing her black sports bra. Her dark brown hair in two braids a pair of aviator sunglasses balanced on her nose. Phoenix followed taking her shirt off too.
Rooster whistled and wrapped his arms around Storm picking her up.

"Hey!" Storm squirmed giggling in Roosters grip.

"You're so cute," Rooster cooed kissing her bare shoulder and setting her down. Storm blushed and smacked Roosters shoulder.

"Shut up Roos." Storm giggled of embarrassment as the other pilots watched them.

"Don't you ever get sick of them Phoenix?" Payback looked over at her.

"Well uh sometimes but they're pretty adorable." Phoenix shrugged.
Then Maverick and Hondo came down the beach from the Hard Deck. Hondo was carrying two footballs and Mav set up a lawn chair before walking over to the group.

"So now that I know you can all fly I want to do some team building. What better way of team building than to play beach dog fight football. Offense and defense at the same time, Hondo is our ref." Mav smirked at the group and decided teams.

"You better watch out Bradshaw," Phoenix pointed at him as Storm and Mav put their balls together.

"You better watch out for the Mitchell's actually." Hondo laughed. He was also a key part of Mazy's upbringing he knew how scrappy she is and how scrappy Mav is.
Rooster pointed back at Phoenix and laughed.

"All right all right!" Hangman laughed. Hondo blew his whistle and Mazy shot her ball to Hangman while Mavs to Rooster. The group laughed as they all ran at each other Hangman tossing the ball to Phoenix and Fanboy tackling her.
They went back and forth all of them laughing and having an over all wonderful time.

Storm laughed as Rooster and Coyote chest bumped. The game going on, Storm couldn't help but see the way Mav and Penny were making eyes at each other.
As they started the football up again Hangman tossed the ball to Storm and she ran down the beach but Rooster swooped her up.

"Not so fast!" He chuckled.

"Hey!" Storm laughed trying to squirm out of his grip, "He's cheating!"
Mav came over and took the ball from her running and making a touch down.

"This is unfair!" Storm laughed as Rooster set her down. Storm ran tackling her dad as the group laughed. This is really what they needed.
All of them were equally covered in sand and smiles. They all booed Mav in good fun as he walked up the beach taking a seat in his chair.

"Did you see the way he's looking at Penny." Rooster walked over to Storm.

"Yep," she looked up at him, "Might do him some good."
Rooster nodded in agreement as they started the football game back up. Hangman threw to Storm and she caught it making a touch down everyone was cheering and Rooster swooped her up hauling her onto his shoulders everyone gathering around. They weren't even keeping score it was just for fun now.
Mav watched with a smile as he was getting some where.

"Sir? What is this?" Cyclone looked down at Mav as he had found the group on the beach.

"This is dog fight football. Offense and defense at the same time." Mav smiled proudly.