Chapter One

Mazy walked into the familiar bar with Phoenix Payback, and Fan Boy. Looking around not really noticing anything had changed.

"Well if it ain't Phoenix and Storm," Hangman set down the pool stick as the group walked over.

"Here I thought we were special Coyote, you can fly with anyone." Hangman nodded over to the other guy with them.

"Fella's over her, this is Bagman," Storm nodded over to the cocky blonde boy.

"Hangman," he corrected.

"Whatever," Storm shook her head.

"You're looking at the only Naval Aviator on active duty with a confirmed air to air kill." Phoenix smirked.

"Stop," Hangman sighed looking at the girls.

"Mind you the other guy was in a museum piece from the Korean War," Storm smirked, taking the ending to embarrass the much too cocky man.

"Cold war," Coyote corrected.

"Different war's, same century," Payback nodded.

"Who're your friends?" Coyote raised an eyebrow leaning on the pool table.

"Payback," the taller man nodded.

"Fan Boy," said the shorter one.

"Hey Coyote," Phoenix smiled.
"Hey," he smirked. Hangman and Coyote walking off to get drinks.

"They are something," Mazy smiled, crossing her arms.

"Yup," Phoenix nodded as she took the pool cue.

Phoenix looked up as the man of the hour came in, "Bradshaw! Is that you?" she called. Which quickly had Mazy on her toes. He hadn't been stateside due to being called on a mission. Mazy hadn't seen him in about a month but it felt like forever.
The taller man stalked over, wife beater on floral shirt pulled over his dogtags dangling in front.

"Oh my god!" Mazy ran over to him, embracing him in a hug.

"Hey Maze," Rooster hugged his fiance and peppered kisses all over her braided hair.

"This is how I find out you're stateside?" Phoenix asked as he walked over.

"Fuck I didn't know either, son of a bitch doesn't tell me anything." Mazy smiled as the taller man had his arm slung around her and the both of them walked back over.

"Yeah just thought I'd surprise both of you," he took off his glasses tucking them in his shirt. Phoenix smirked as she purposefully backed the pool cue into his stomach.

"Just surprised you're back," Phoenix looked at him.

"It's good to see you," Rooster looked at her and placed another kiss on Mazy's cheek, the girl blushing watching her best friend interact with her soon to be husband.
"Good to see you too, this one's always chirpin about you." she nodded over to Mazy.

"That is not true!" the short brown haired girl put her hands up in defense, "When ya get back Bradley?"

"Flew straight into base," he smiled, "Wouldn't have a hard time believing Phoenix you're always talking."

"There ya go," Penny handed the two beers to Hangman.

"Much appreciated Pop's," Hangman winked at Maverick as he sat at the bar watching a scene unfold he was baffled by it wasn't the shock of it he had selected Bradley and Mazy both to come back. But it was how they had greeted each other, kisses, hugs, and lots of physical touch. Mav may have not seen his daughter in years but she had never been one for physical affection.

"Those two love birds?" Penny walked over oblivious. The only people who knew Mazy was Charlie's daughter were Charlie and Mav.

"Yeah," Mav shrugged while taking another drink.

"Pretty sure they're set to marry pretty soon. That's only what I've heard." Penny shrugged, leaning on the counter in front of Mav.
He was absolutely frightened at the words he had just heard. Love birds? Set to marry? The last time Maverick had seen Bradley and Mazy interact was when she was maybe three as she was born two years after Goose's death. Now they are getting married?!

"Better ring me up before the evening rush," Maverick suddenly was ready to go putting his money on the counter. Penny took his money and Mav watched as Bradley and Mazy mingled with the other pilots he kept a tight arm around her.

"Bradshaw, as I live and breathe." Hangman walked over.

"Hangman, you look good." Rooster smiled looking at the other man.

"Well I am good Rooster, I'm very good." Hangman smiled.

"So does anyone know what this special detachment is about?" Coyote asked.

"Well, a mission is a mission. They don't confront me. What I wanna know is who's going to be the team leader." Hangman shot another ball into the pockets of the table. Mazy looked up at Rooster who kept a tight eye on Hangman.
"Which one of y'all has what it takes. To follow me."

Mazy rolled her eyes, "Hangman the only place you'd lead anyone is an early grave." Rooster smirked over at the blonde. Everyone stopped and looked at Bradshaw, Hangman wearing a shit eating grin.

"And anyone who follows you is just gonna run out of fuel. Well that just you ain't it Rooster?" Hangman stalked over. Mazy was ready to leap on him, she knew just as well as anyone her boy could fly better than most people, "Or your little spitfire side piece. We all know how she flies."
The pair rolled their eyes as Phoenix came over.

"Well he hasn't changed." Phoenix shook her head.

"Nope," Mazy shook her head.

"Sure hasn't," Rooster finished off. Rooster let go of Mazy and walked away.

"Check it out, it's more patches," Mazy pointed out to the other pilots.

"Harvard, Yale, Omaha, Dude, that's Fritz." Payback said.

"What kind of mission is this?" Fan Boy furrowed his eyebrows.

"Not the question we should be asking," Phoenix looked over at the boys.

"Everyone here is the best there is, who the hell are they going to get to teach us?" Mazy shrugged.

"No idea," Phoenix sighed. Then on cue the jookbox was unplugged and maxy knew what was about to happen. She ran over to the piano where Rooster sat sitting next to him. She loved when he did this, she always heard about Rooster's dad sitting him on the piano and playing it then his mother teaching him. Rooster put on his sunglasses and played a few keys on the piano. Phoenix knew what was coming so she led the boys over to the piano as well. Mazy smiled as Rooster began to play Great Balls Of Fire.
Penny rang the bell again and everyone cheered knowing that if you couldn't pay up you got 'overboarded' where you get carried out of the bar. But Mazy was too distracted by Roosters ' impressive playing.
Rooster played as everyone sang knowing his little thing he always did.
"I laughed at love 'coz I thought it was funny
You came along and you moved me, honey
I've changed my mind
This love is fine
Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!" Everyone sang Mazy always kissing Roosters cheek at the love parts before goodness gracious, great balls of fire.
Mazy loved spending any time with Rooster that she could get like this.

Mazy cuddled into Bradley in the small house they had on base. Bradley had been stationed here and Mazy was off duty for a while due to not needing her.
"So do you know anything about why we're all being called back here?" Rooster ran his large hands through her soft brown hair.
Mazy shrugged and cuddled into Bradleys bare chest.

"I don't know I was talking to Phoenix and we agreed that everyone that we've seen at the Hard Deck is the best of the best so who the fuck could they get to teach." Mazy shrugged.

"They'd be fucking crazy to bring your dad back," Bradley hummed.
"I'm pretty sure he's on leave or something? I don't know, it doesn't matter anyways." Mazy huffed, kissing Bradleys chest.