Chapter Seven

Mazy woke up to her phone vibrating off her side table. The phone fell onto the floor as it continued to vibrate.
Mazy sighed and grabbed her phone taking it off the charger.
It was her father. God damn it was 4am what did he want? Why had he called her 8 times?
Mazy rolled her eyes and looked over at Bradley, he was still sound asleep.
Mazy groaned and grabbed her phone and got up.
Mazy walked out into the hall and answered, "Hello?" Sleep was still laced in her voice, sleep still sitting in the corner of her eyes.

"Mazy," Mav breathed out he sounded like he'd been crying.

"Dad what? It's 4am?" Mazy rubbed her eyes and looked at the picture frames hanging on the grey wall.

"It's uh Iceman...he passed." Mav sighed, "I'm sorry Mazy."
Mazy brought her hand to her mouth, Tom had been a big part of her upbringing. He was there for her when Mav would fly missions.
He had helped teach her to fly. He meant so much to her and she felt so so guilty. Mazy knew he was sick, knew he probably wouldn't make it much longer. Mazy had only went and saw him once, she should've went and seen him sooner.

"Funerals tomorrow, I think he would want you and Bradley there." Mav said his voice shaky, he knew he could've been a better dad and Tom sometimes made up for his lack of parenting when she was young.
Mazy hung up as tears came to her eyes. This was the last thing she needed right now.
Mazy let out a sob as she slid down the wall her phone clattering to the ground she brought her hand up to her face.
Mazy sniffed as she brought her knees to her chest and rested her head on her knees.

"Mazy?" Bradley called, he opened the bedroom door and saw her on the floor crying, "Darlin'"
Bradley fell to his knees next to her fiancé.

"What happened Mazy?" Bradley brought his hands to her face, "Are you hurt? Did you fall?" Bradley inspected her for any cuts or bruises. Mazy shook her head picking her head up. Bradley brushed loose hair out of her face and began brushing tears from her cheeks.

"It's Tom. He...he passed." Mazy bit her lip and clenched her eyes back shut hot tears spreading down her face.

"Oh Mazy," Bradley's eyes softened as he sat next to her and pulled Mazy into his lap. She was so much smaller than him as she literally curled into his alp. Bradley rubbed her back and laid his head onto of hers, "I'm so sorry little bird."

Bradley knew how much Iceman meant to her, he grew up without a dad and could somewhat agree with how she felt. Where she lacked a mother he lacked a father. Both being raised by a single parent both were familiar with other people stepping into help them out.

Eventually, Mazy was tired out and hiccuping. "Let's get you back to bed." Bradley sighed and picked her up bridal style carrying her back to their bed. they both heard their phones vibrate and they had canceled again for the day due to Iceman's sudden death. They were sitting at two more days after today and tomorrow.

"I'm sorry Bradley," Mazy sniffed as he got them both settled back into their bed. Bradleys muscular arm around her and Mazy laying his head on her chest.

"Mazy, I love you so fucking much. You have nothing to be sorry for hun." Bradley sighed and kissed her head.

"I love you too," she sniffed and kneaded her head a bit further into his chest. Both of them falling asleep in each others grasps.

Phoenix, Bradley, and Mazy sat at the couples dinner table in silence. Each had a cup of coffee in their hands, after Mazy had fallen back asleep that morning Bradley called Phoenix. Phoenix and Mazy had a friendship that nothing could break, Phoenix knew Mazy's life story. Phoenix knew her trauma, she knew Mazy's daddy issues, she knew the roller coaster of her and Bradleys relationship story.