Chapter Three

Bradley walked into their shared bedroom wiping his face with his shirt he took off in the bathroom.
Mazy pulled the covers down on the bed and looked up at Bradley.
"Are you feeling better," Mazy looked up and watched Bradley walk to the other side of the hed turning his lamp on then turned the light off.

"Yeah," he chucked his shirt at the hamper and crawled in.

"You sure?" Mazy laid down squirming over to Bradley as soon as he laid down.

"Mazy I'm fine," he frowned and combed a hand through her brown hair.

"You need to be in your right mindset to fly this mission." She sighed.

"So do you sweetheart," Rooster pulled her closer, "This is your dad we're talking about that you haven't spoken to in god knows how long."

"I'm managing Bradley I'm here to do my job and I know what happened can't even compare to things. But if we're gonna do this safely and responsibly and not let Hangman get in our heads we gotta let this Mav shit past us." Mazy sighed and ran a hand over his toned chest.

"I, uh, I know I just." Bradley was out of words.

"I know, I know." Mazy frowned running a hand through his hair over and over. She knew that it would always calm him down and comfort him, "It's hard being around my dad I'll agree baby but we have something to prove and a way to do it safely. We can't let Maverick or Hangman or anyone else let anything get in our way." Mazy coaxed him.

"I'm glad to be here with you," Bradley looked at his fiancé and kissed her on the forehead.

"I'm glad out of anyone I could be with it's you." Mazy smiled and scuffed his hair.

The group sat in the classroom with Mav showing them the canyon path, "time is your greatest enemy. Phase one of the mission will be a low-level ingress attacking in two plane teams. You'll fly along this narrow canyon to your target radar-guided surface-to-air missiles defend the area. These SAMs, they're lethal. But they were designed to protect the skies above not the canyon below." Mav explained. Mazy turned and glanced at Bradley. This was fucking crazy of an idea.

"That's because the enemy knows no one is insane enough to try and fly below them." Bradley interjected.

"That's exactly what I'm gonna train you to do. On the day your altitude will be 100 feet maximum." Mav spoke.
Storm and Phoenix glanced at each other eyebrows furrowed and eyes widened.
"You exceed this altitude radar will spot you and you're dead. Your airspeed will be 660 knots minimum. Time to target: two and a half minutes that's because fifth generation fighters wait at an air base nearby. In a head to head with these planes in your F-18's you're dead. That's why you need to get in hit your target and be gone."

"Holy shit," Phoenix grunted into the radio. Mav wasn't kidding talking about the G's being forceful.

"I know," Storm replied quick, "Time to target is one minute 30. We are two seconds behind increase to 480 knots."

"We got to move coyote." Phoenix said.

"Copy, increasing speed." Coyote replied.

"Shit!" Phoenix pulled up as they almost caught Coyotes end.

"Why're they dead?" They were back in the classroom. Mav asked the group.

"We broke the 300 foot ceiling, and a SAM took us out." Phoenix answered.

"No. Why's they dead?" Mav asked coyote.

"I slowed down and didn't give her a warning it was my fault." Coyote replied.