Chapter Tweleve

Mazy finished making dinner as Bradley set the table and Mav mixed up a salad.
"How was drinks last night?" Mazy asked as she brought the skillet of pasta to the table and set it in the center.

"Good," Bradley nodded as he grabbed your metal water bottle and sat it at your spot, "Sit Mazy sit."

Since they had gotten back Bradley had been making sure he waited on Mazy hand and foot.
"It's fine Hun," Mazy sighed.

"Well you made dinner so me and Mav can get everything together." Bradley pulled out a chair for Mazy.

"Okay," Mazy nodded and sat down as Bradley and her father finished everything up and brought the salad bowl to the table. Mav and Bradley sat down and they started serving themselves.

"So you were persistent on getting us to sit down for dinner. Is there something going on Mazy?" Mav asked taking the salad tongues and grabbing some salad.

"Uhm yeah actually," Mazy chewed on her lip and grabbed her water bottle taking a few sips of water, "Just please don't be upset with me...both of you..."

"Mazy what is it?" Bradley put his fork done and looked at his fiancé.

"So when we were on the carrier I told Phoenix that I had missed my period and having early onset pregnancy symptoms. So last night I took three tests and they were all positive... Bradley we're having a baby." Mazy smiled anxiously looking at him. She wasn't sure how he'd respond Mazy knew Bradley wanted kids someday. But she wasn't sure when, after everything that happened on the mission Mazy was beginning to think that this was happening all at the wrong time.

"What?" Bradley smiled.

"Mhm," mazy nodded with a smile. Bradley sniffed as he got up and hugged Mazy tight. He pressed a kiss to her cheek.

"Congratulations," Mav got up and came over hugging her and Bradley both.

"I can't think of anyone else who would be better parents then you two." Mav smiled looking at the pair.

"Thank you dad," Mazy nodded as they sat back down and Mazy went back to her food.

"What are you thinking about doing with your career?" Mav asked.

"I'm not really sure yet. I told Phoenix i was hoping that the answer would become more clear as my pregnancy goes on." Mazy nodded. She was touching her flat stomach with one hand. She couldn't lie she was so excited to start showing.

"You flew the mission pregnant?" Bradley broke the conversation.

"That's why I didn't tell you guys then I had something to prove." Mazy sighed.

"Mazy by flying that mission you had nothing to prove to me I already know you two are better than any other pilots out there." Mav looked at her.

"I had something to prove to myself, dad." Mazy moved her gaze to her dad, "I knew you knew I could fly it but I wanted to prove to myself that I wasn't just your daughter. That I was more than just daddies little reckless pilot."

"Mazy you will always be more than a descendent of the Mitchell's aviation history. Hell, you're better than me. Bradley? You're better than me too. Both of you push yourselfs; although, sometimes it's not too the safest limits you can do it." Mav looked at both of them.

"Thank you dad I'm sorry if I came across the wrong way." Mazy began, "I digress."

As Mav and Mazy went back and forth in a positive conversation, Bradley really didn't know what to feel.
He sat there in his own silence his fork resting in his hand as he felt frozen.

By no means was he upset with Mazy or not wanting a child but the thought of her flying that mission while knowing she might be careening a fetus made him uneasy.
Yeah, it was done and over with and neither were hurt or dead but the what ifs were running through his head.
Bradley had circled back and crashed his jet and if he wouldn't of ejected or if there was a mistake with the ejection he possibly would be dead.
He could've left Mazy alone to raise a child with only stories of their father. Just like he was raised.
He needed time to think and talk with an outsider that wasn't Mazy. By no means did he want to quit flying but he didn't want to risk it.

"Bradley?" Mazy nudged him, "Are you good darling?"

"Yeah just lost in thought." Bradley smiled.

"Okay," Mazy nodded and took another bite of pasta.

"So have you guys had any thought on a wedding date?" Mav redirected the conversation.

"Well I talked to Penny earlier and with the pregnancy I wanna do it soon. I also kinda vowed to myself when we were on the mission that I wanted to do it as soon as possible when we got back. So Penny said we could use the Hard Deck." Mazy shrugged.

"I think that would be good," Bradley nodded agreeing. He wanted to talk wedding planning but his head was stuck the baby still.

"I can ask around because I already asked Nat to be my maid of honor. I mean I don't know who else to have stand for me?" Mazy started to think it didn't have to be traditional and she could have Fanboy or Payback stand with her. She wanted to ask Penny and Amelia.

"I haven't even thought of that," Bradley sat back in his chair, Mav would you do it? Would you be my best man?" Bradley looked over.

"I would be more than happy to do that for you," a smile danced across the dark haired man's face. He felt so honored that Bradley would ask him.

"Well I'll start contacting people because I wanna get married before I'm all gross and pregnant." Mazy chuckled.

"You could never be gross," Bradley nudged her.

"Shut up." Mazy rolled her eyes.