Chapter 12- Smile a while

Enzo's POV

I was seated in my parents living room with the family lawyer.

"It's a fourth degree misdemeanor. He'll have to spend 30 days in jail with a fine of forty thousand dollars." He informed us.

"Money is not an issue but do they even have proof the drugs was his?" My mother was frantic.

I just sat there listening keenly and remained quiet.

"It doesn't matter. They were in his possession." Osiris says.

My mother and I both know that the drugs belong to my father.

I'm just wondering why my father was so reckless.

"Mrs. Spencer, they've been itching to get your husband in prison for over 20 years. This time they actually have something to hold on to him if even for a little while."

He stood up getting ready to leave. "Anyways, I have to get going. Lawyers have bed too."

My mother walked him out and came back to sit beside me.

I wrapped my arms around her shoulder as she laid her head on my chest.

Somehow I wished it was Allison wrapped in my arms with her head on my chest.

My mother was talking but I wasn't focusing on what she was saying.

There was only one person who's occupying my mind right now.

My mood was flatlined when I had to leave her. But I had to comfort my mother in her time of distress.

I finally focused on my mother. "Why are you smiling honey?"

Not even realize seh mi deh smile until mommy seh it.

Thinking about Allison had me smiling involuntarily.

"It's the first I'm seeing this smile." She observed me.

If I tell my mother why I'm smiling, I'll never hear the end of it.

"Just a think bout mi success." I tried to convince her.

"First of all yuh barely even smile much less fi success. And da smile deh nuh look like a smile fi success." She continued to stare at me hard and I looked away and chuckled. "Ohh!"

She continued. "You found someone!"

How she figure that out by a smile.

She's your mother.

"I wanna meet her!" She tapped me excitedly.

"Lady mi neva seh nutn bout no woman." I tried to shrug it off.

"You didn't have to. A mother knows." I rolled my eyes at her. "It happened even sooner than I thought. What's she like? Do you have a picture of her? What's her-"

"Mommy, mommy. Chill." She frowned at me and hissed. "We just start talk and mi not even ask har fi be me woman yet."

"So you really like her to the point yuh affi ask?" I stared at my mother and stood.

"Mi nuh waah talk bout this wid yuh mommy." She pulled me back down to sit beside her. "Maya, wah do yuh?"

"I've never seen anyone made you smile like that. I have to meet the woman who holds my son's heart." I stared at the ecstatic woman.

Is like she nuh hear the part bout 'just start talk'.

"If it work out, mi mek yuh meet har. Now stop hover me." She rolled her eyes and smiled.