Chapter 64 - Apologies

Ally's POV

He's so tall and handsome.

Dressed in white tees, black joggers and Nike shoes, Enzo approached the booth I was sitting at with our little angel.

I smiled upon seeing her little cute face resting on her dad's chest.

I stood and kissed her cheeks. "Glad you guys could make it."

I wasn't sure he'd come since he'd been avoiding me and he only read my message without a reply.

We sat down together.

"Firstly, how are you?" I asked him.

To say, I wasn't nervous.

I invited Enzo to lunch so we could talk about us and our relationship. I made sure I was mentally and emotionally ready and that this is what I wanted for sure.

No dealbreakers, no turning back, no difficulties or complications just certainty and a final decision.

The back and forth has been going on for too long now and it honestly doesn't make any sense.

So now it's time to do simple and final.

"Mi gov mon." His voice reverberates. "Wah boh you?"

"I'm okay." I smiled lightly. "So it took me a while to figure out what I wanted say. But the more I tried to do that I realized it was the wrong thing I was focusing on."

A waitress approached us. "Sorry to disturb. Here are your menu's, I'll be back in five minutes to take your order."

She smiled politely and attended to another table.

"I was okay with me being the person that your life affected." I started. "But then it wasn't just you and I anymore. Everyone looks at the fact that I could've just left when I was given the many chances to but it wasn't about me. I could care less about what happens to me but when it happens to my daughter, I don't really care what happens after that. The situation that happened was not about us and that's what no one realized. It was about our daughter and I had to protect her. I have to draw a line when it comes to her."

I looked at my little peach as she laid soundly, clueless as to what's being conversed about.

I continued. "It didn't matter how much I loved you or how much I wanted to be with you. I had to do what was best for all of us."

"You had every right to leave with her." He spoke calmly. "I was at fault for something that was unforgivable. Our time apart, I was only driven insane by thought of you leaving me and taking my daughter with you. I was angry and I wasn't thinking rationally. I didn't realize how selfish it was of me to expect you to just forgive me and let us move on as if nothing ever happened and for that I apologize."

"Enzo..."

"Allison, mi will do everything inna mi power fi prove to yuh seh sumn like dis can neva happen again." He marks sternly. "I will right my wrongs and make sure that you and our are children are safe at all times. That is my promise to you. Until you see fit that I deserve your forgiveness or another chance I won't stop proving myself to you. Even if we're together or not."

"You don't have to prove anything because I forgive you." I told him sincerely.

"Allis-"

"I no longer hold you accountable for what happened because I know it was an accident." I said. "I felt like if I didn't blame you, I would overlook the fact that you being who you are, affected our daughter's life and I didn't do anything but forgive you and move on like I always do."