Riddle Rosehearts x Reader - A bouquet for the queen

You and Grim were headed to the Heartslabyul dorm after getting invited over for some tea and sweets by one of your upperclassmen.

Just that morning you had helped Cater with some last-moment preparation for the unbirthday party that was going to be held the next day.

To thank you for the help, the ginger-head senpai asked Trey to make something for you and with a little convincing he succeeded in convincing the green-haired upperclassman.

You were preparing a little something for a while now and it seemed like the chance has finally arrived to put it in act, so you gladly took the offer.

After going through the magical mirror in the hall, you arrived in the dorm, where Ace, Deuce, Cater, Trey and finally Riddle were waiting at a table near the rose maze.

"Oh, here's one of my favorite first years!" Cater was the first one to catch sight of you.

"You're finally here! I was getting tired of waiting, and was just about to sneak a slice of cake and run off." Ace said, with an exaggeratedly exasperated tone.

"I mean, Trey-senpai was the one who made these. I was kinda getting hungry myself..." Deuce added.

"You flatter me, Deuce." The latter responded with an easy-going smile.

"You aren't allowed to eat until everyone has arrived, and since the prefect is just in time you have no reason to complain." Riddle said in matter-of-fact manner.

"Fuhnya! Well now that we're here might as well dig in!" Grim jumped from your shoulder as he launched himself toward the table full of sweets.

~~~~~♡~~~~~

After a little while of eating and chatting you turned to Riddle while the rest of the group was busy in a conversation. (And Grim was distracted by some blueberry cupcake that seemed to have reached his grasp).

"Riddle-senpai, would you mind coming with me for a moment? It won't take too much time, I assure you." You said to the boy that was sitting in front of you.

He just looked at you for a moment before nodding and getting up from his seat while saying: "As long as it doesn't take too long."

You went to a part of the rose maze where nobody was around. And you started talking the moment you both stopped walking, on the spot that you had erranged.

"Riddle-senpai, there is something I'd like to tell you." You said while looking at the now slightly nervous-looking Dorm head.

"And, what might that be?" He questioned, now kind of cautious of what you were about to say.

"I've liked you for quite a while, senpai. And I thought it was about time to let you know." The red-haired boy seemed completely taken aback. Like he wasn't axpecting those words at all.

"I think you're really smart, mature and sweet. You are also very strong, both in terms of magical skills and mind, since you are trying to move on from your past and change for the better. Which is really admirable." You continued.

"I also think you're really pretty..." You added while slightly lowering your tone.

At this point, Riddle was completely red, and his body was deadly still. He had no idea on how to respond to all that.

"I understand that you might have never really thought of dating someone, and that taking your situation, it might be risky for you to just jump into a romantic relationship with someone." You kept on talking, since he had remained silent.

"But still," you turned towards one of the near bushes and took out a bouquet of twelve red roses that you had placed there that morning, after helping Cater. "Rule no.*** of the Queen of Hearts, one must gift the queen of red roses only on the weekends." You had actually searched up the rules beforehand to prepare for this confession.