Rook Hunt x Reader - At the receiving end

"What did the plant look like, again?" Deuce asked, a little embarrassed of having forgotten the main reason for going in the woods behind the campus, with your group.

"It has flowers with pastel yellow petals that fade to a sort of peach color. We'll only need the nectar contained in their stems though." You took out your phone and showed a picture of said plant to the blue haired first year.

"What's the point if it ain't even yummy to eat?" Grim whined, knowing full well that him munching on any of your findings was utterly prohibited. Or at least, that's what you and professor Crewel told him, and he wasn't about to play with his fate.

You and the dumb trio were out in search of some ingredients that you would've needed to use for your potionoligy class.

Crewel had given you about half an hour to ready them all, which needed to be used for that day's lesson, and then return to class.

"Let's get this over with quickly. Let's split and come back to this spot in about twenty-five minutes. Are you guys okay with that?" Ace brought his arms behind his head and looked at you with a bored expression.

"Alright! We'll see each other here before half an hour!" The other Heartslabyul freshman pumped his fist in the air with a serious face, as a sign of determination.

"Here goes Mister goody-two-shoes..." The ginger grimaced a bit at his dorm mate's enthusiasm and turned to you.

You briefly nodded and he responded with one on his own.

"Good then." He concluded.

"See you in a bit." You smiled at the duo and stepped into the forest, a grumpy Grim following suit.

~~~~~🏹~~~~~

"Well, that was quick..." You deadpanned with a tired expression deeply engraved on your face. It hadn't been even five minutes and Grim had already run off somewhere after smelling something good. You tried to go after him but because of all the bushes and trees you had lost sight of the magical beast soon after that.

"Sigh... I'll just go ahead and hope he'll be back at our meeting spot." You sighed, slumping your shoulders in resignation.

You stepped further into the woods, searching for the yellowish flowers.

They're supposed to be found in slightly more humid zones, usually near bigger tree's roots. Maybe the one over there could-

"Why, bonjour Trickster!"

"AH!" You jumped out of your skin when the blonde hunter suddenly popped out, leaping down from a tree branch and landing right behind you.

"Oh! Pardonne moi, mon ami. I didn't mean to scare you." He said with a closed-eye smile, making a half bow with his hand to his chest.

"R-Rook? What are you doing here?" You asked while feeling your rapid heartbeat with your palm and taking a calming breath.

"We third years were allowed to leave classes for the day after finishing our tests." He explained, waving a finger in the air.

"Your class should be having potionoligy, non? I'm assuming you're here because le professeur asked you to find the things you need for today's lesson." He 'guessed' and you hesitantly nodded.

"Eh... y-yeah, actually. You're right um- Oh, you have a bunch of stuff all over you." You finally took in his disheveled appearance. His usually neat bob cut was messily sticking out in all directions. Some small pieces of branches and leaves were scattered on his head, hat and uniform.

"Oh? Ahahah, I guess I got too much into my little game of chase." He laughed loudly as he patted some things off his clothes. Taking off his fedora, he started picking out the little twigs that were on it.