Jack Howl x Reader - A big and scary puppy

It's not unusual for people to be afraid of dogs. Maybe they had a bad experience in the past that left some sort of trauma. Maybe they're are afraid of the unpredictability or the sudden barks. Maybe they are simply scared of canines all together.

Whichever was the case, one thing remained: you're afraid of dogs, especially big ones.

At first, you didn't think too deeply about the whole "beastmen" thing. But it surely changed after the headmaster told you and Grim to investigate the suspicious accidents happening around school.

Many promising students which were going to participate in the school's spelldrive/magift tournament, had mysteriously gotten hurt one after another.

You had gotten even more suspicious after finding out Trey had fallen victim of these as well. But not only that, apparently it was meant for Riddle, which made it even more unlikely for them to simply be accidents caused by carelessness.

Cater, hearing about the headmage's request, made up a plan, which consisted in following possible targets so to prevent them from getting hurt and possibly catch the culprit in the act.

In the end, You, Grim, the Adeuce duo, Cater and Riddle enacted said plan.

You passed by Pomefiore for a junior named Rook Hunt. Then the courtyard for two sophomores, the Leech twins.

After escaping the twins, who had spotted you during your investigation, Riddle went back to his dorm for his housewarden duties.

The rest of you decided to go see the last target for the day before going back. A freshman from Savanaclaw, named Jack Howl.

You went to said dorm, passing through the mirror. There extended a large landscape, resembling the savanna. The air was warm and partially dry.

After taking in the esthetic of the dorm, Ace spoke up. "So what's this Jack guy look like?"

"Apparently he's got wolf ears, silver hair, and a big, bushy tail too." Cater answered.

You flinched at the word "wolf". He's a canine, a big one at that.

Grim pointed at a guy running laps not too far off who matched the description.

Seeing how tall and bulky he was made you pale. You were starting to feel unreasonably scared.

"He's kind of intimidating..." You mumbled as you started slightly trembling.

"Don't worry, hon! Cay-Cay's got your back. I won't let the big bad wolf bite you." He joked, trying to lighten up your mood, but not understanding just how much of an effect the wolf boy had on you.

"Are you okay, prefect? You seem a little more then just intimidated." Deuce asked, concerned about your silence and expression.

You shook your head and looked down. "I'm not fond of canines... that's all."

"Aww, you're afraid of the big scary dog? How cute- OUCH-!" Ace's teasing was cut off when his blue haired dorm mate hit him on the ribs with his elbow.

As if your words were but mere leaves taken away by the wind. Grim stepped on them by unceremoniously calling out to the beastman stranger in a rude way.

The Jack guy turned toward your group with a glare. You immediately went behind Cater, as he is the most capable one in terms of magic.

You all tried warning him about the accidents but he kept on refusing any kind of help. When you finally gathered enough courage to speak up, warning that it might be dangerous for him, he responded by baring his teeth and growling.