Ortho Shroud & Reader - Comfort Program (Nightmare Comfort)

Nightmare Comfort✔️

~~~~~▪︎▪︎▪︎~~~~~

"Where even are they?" Ace asked as he, Deuce and Grim roamed through the hallways. Searching for you.

"We had plans, and the prefect wouldn't just ditch us without a word." Deuce said.

"We also haven't heard from them for a while now. I'm kind of worried." He thought out loud.

"Myha, pretty sure my hench-human mentioned somethin' about studyin' for Crewel's class." Grim grumbled while looking around.

"Huh? Isn't that the kid robot?" Ace said as he noticed Ortho floating about a little distance away.

"You mean Shroud-senpai's younger brother, Ortho?" Deuce asked as he also saw the younger boy, whom was carrying a thick book about high-tech magic infused machineries.

"Who else, Mr. Good-at-dedeuceing?" The ginger answered while pressing on the part of the word that sounded similiar to the other boy's name, mocking it.

"Oi-"

"Hello, Ace Trappola and Deuce Spade from Heartslabyul. Hello to you too, Mr. Grim. How come Ramshackle's prefect isn't accompanying you?" The robotic boy engaged a conversation with the group.

"We're actually searching for the prefect right now. I'm assuming you haven't seen them." Deuce said.

"Negative. But I can inform you in the chance I do see them." Ortho's eyes made it look like he was smiling as he spoke.

"Yes, thank you." Deuce gave a polite nod and smiled.

"Well, let's pass by the vending machine while we search. I'm kinda hungry." Ace said scratching his head, already walking away.

"Myha! Me too! I'm really hungry-" Grim immediately agreed.

"I won't buy you anything." Ace answered.

"Fuhnya!? Man, you're so stingy!" The creature stomped while following behind the ginger.

"Ah- Don't start a fight! Or the headmage will get mad- again!" Deuce chased after the two.

Ortho watched as they turned the corner and then floated away in the opposite direction. Heading toward the library, with the intention of putting back the book in his brother's place.

~~~~~▪︎▪︎▪︎~~~~~

The young robot had just arrived at the library. He immediately went toward a specific aisle and put the book onto a shelf. He knew exactly where the object's place was.

When turning back, he noticed a figure slumped onto one of the tables in the library. A big book about alchemy open in front of them.

Ortho came closer and saw you were laying on a notebook full of notes. Apparently you were studying and fell asleep from exhaustion.

It hadn't been long since the last Overblot, and with all of the ones that came before it, it sure hasn't been easy.

Going through that and having to keep up with your school life... Not taking in consideration that you and Grim also shared a student seat. Which ment you had to make sure he also didn't fail.

Although you were laying on the table while partially covering your face, Ortho didn't need a scan to recognize you.

"Oh, Ramshackle prefect!" He went to your side. He intended to tell you about your friends searching for you. But immediately stopped when noticing something was wrong.

"...please...I don't...no..." You were slightly trembling while saying incoherent words. They were barely whispers, but with the fact that Ortho is able to pick up any sound in the range of 50 meters, made so he could hear them quite clearly.