Epel Felmier x Reader - Deceiving appearances

This was requested by:
VentisDandielionwine
Hope you enjoy! ^^

(For this request, the Reader aspires to be elegant and proper. I'm sure that won't go for everyone so I'm warning here, just in case.) ^^

~~~~~O~~~~~

"Don't tell me you're fawning over that guy, again." Ace raised a brow with an unimpressed expression as he watched you snap out of your small trance.

"Huh-? I'm not fawning over him! I just look up to him, that's all." You retorted from your spot at the cafeteria's table. Deuce sat down beside you with his own tray in that moment and looked at you with a confused face.

"Wait, who's 'him'?" He asked, a big question mark floating around his head. The ginger first year snorted a bit.

"Well, in your case, that's a 'she'. Remember the "cute girl" you and Grim saw at the cafeteria on the second day of school?" He grinned and the blueberry head frowned a bit, trying to recall this "girl". Then he perked up.

"Oh! You mean that short guy with purplish hair?" He seemed proud to have remembered but then got embarrassed when also recalling what he had said at the time.

"I didn't know any better. He was so small and soft featured that I thought he was a girl at first. It was an honest mistake!" Deuce quickly mumbled.

"What do ya mean by "look up to him", anyway?" Grim distractedly asked as he gulped down a whole sandwich like a snake his prey.

"The way he moves and poses himself is incredibly elegant and proper! I... aspire to be like that. Also, his features are so soft and pretty! I wonder if he does anything special for that? His hair too. Should I do something about mine...?" You started off with your explanation but got lost in your thoughts.

"Ya sure ya don't just like girls and that's it?" Ace asked with a questioning, almost bored, look.

"I already told you that I aspire to be like him! It's nothing of that sort. I love his way of doing things and his style, that's just about it." You defended, keeping your head neatly up, and denying on having any kind of romantic feelings toward the boy.

"It's not so hard to believe. I know you asked Rosehearts-senpai to let you walk in his heels with his supervision, some time aback. Something about 'helping to keep your back straight, head up and shoulders not stiff.' I honestly didn't think heels would be so difficult." Deuce said, bringing a hand to his chin.

"Yes, that really helped. Although the heels were of the wrong size, so he used magic to give me a pair and helped me out. I'm really grateful for that." You nodded with a small smile. Riddle was certainly strict, but still kind enough to help you nonetheless.

"I don't see why yer tryin' so hard to be all classy n' stuff! I'm good the way I am, for one." Grim shrugged as he unceremoniously chucked down another handful of food. You cringed at that and brought your gaze back to the subject in question: Epel.

You only knew his name because Jack was in the same class as him. You hadn't actually interacted with him before.

Even though you didn't want to, you ended up staring, again. It was something you'd do unconsciously, although you always tried not to.

The lavender haired boy, feeling a pair of eyes on himself, looked up and met your gaze for a moment.

You almost jumped up, quickly glancing at Jack, who was sitting beside him, in a panic. You then turned back to your friends at the table.

Epel blinked confusedly with rosed cheeks and looked at the wolf beastman. The latter responded without any question asked. "Not long ago they asked me about you. I'd say they look up to you." He said nonchalantly.