Trey Clover x Reader - Sweet bloom

This was requested by: AthenaBianca8

Hope you enjoy, happy birthday~! ^^

~~~~~♧~~~~~

"Thank you for the help, sugar." Trey said as you looked around for a wet cloth to wipe your hands with.

"It's my pleasure, really. Plus, it's always nice to bake together with you." You smiled happily and cleaned the residual dough that had gotten stuck between your fingers.

"Still, thank you for lending a hand." You soon felt a pair of lips pressing against your temple and you playfully coiled away, hiding into yourself while chuckling.

You were currently at Trey's family bakery as you and him were preparing a large cake in the back of the shop, as per an important client's request.

Both his parents had some sudden business to take care of and had to ask their son for help, since apparently, the cake had to be delivered by today's afternoon.

His two younger siblings were currently at his grandparents' house, leaving you and Trey alone in the bakery. As much as he adored them, he really had to get this order done in time, something he wouldn't be able to do with those two around.

"Tomorrow, I'll make sure you have a wonderful birthday." He quickly cleaned his hands from some flour and hugged you from behind, to not make you slip away.

"You were going to do that anyway." You giggled as you lazily attempted to "fight off" his affection and free yourself.

"Well, I can't deny that." He casually shrugged and quickly kissed your cheek before letting go of you.

"Shall we start preparing the decorations for the cake?" The green haired boy asked with a smile while adjusting his glasses.

"I saw you bring out a bunch of different food dye colors, I can't wait to look at the final results." You grinned in mirth and made space on the kitchen counter.

~~~~~♧~~~~~

Baking with your boyfriend was something that you two did long before you even started dating, but it was always a pleasant time spent together.

You could absolutely love sweets or be someone who can't stand an extra sugar cube in your hot drinks- Trey would always find a good recipe to fit your taste and make you swoon.

"Is this the first time you make flowers out of sugar paste?" The young man asked as he kneaded some paste after pouring some edible dye in it.

"(It is, actually!/No, I've done it before.)" You answered as you did the same, mixing in some green for what would be used to make leaves.

"If you need any help, feel free to ask me." He smiled as he took a rolling pin and began using it on the paste.

With the right guidance, it was actually decently easy to make pretty looking flowers that would then be added to the cake. But the constant movement of your arms were starting to take a toll on you.

You softly rolled your shoulder, feeling a little sore after baking and kneading for so long.

Trey noticed that and spoke as he put together some paste petals over a thin, chocolate stem. "Do your arms hurt? You can stop for a while, you know? It's hard work when you're not used to it." He said with a gentle smile, still moving around as if nothing. You certainly know why he has such muscular arms.

"There's still more than half of the flowers to be made and the client will be here in a couple of hours. I can do some more." You shook your head and tried shrugging a bit to ease your shoulders.