14.

The remainder of the train journey to Hogwarts was a bleak one, everyone was on edge, wondering if those things, - the Dementors - would come back.

This time round I was glad that I'd packed some sweets as the trolley lady didn't come around, so I tipped everything I had out in front of us and we all dug in.

"Oh, Ally! Charlie sent this from Romania, he thought you might like it," Ron says between mouthfuls.

He was improving but not by much. I take the package from him and open it. A note from Charlie lay on top which said:

'A duplication of my notes that I've already written. I hope from my descriptions and the details I have provided, and this might inspire some more of your sketching. I hope to see what you produce soon. Charlie.'

He had discovered some new breeds of dragons, and he'll have me sketch them to the best of my ability only using his words. This was his first correspondence in some time.

When we arrived at Hogwarts, we were all wet from the rain which hadn't relented at all. I didn't pay attention during the sorting or while the choir performed with large toads.

Dumbledore stepped up to the podium to make the first announcement of yet another year at Hogwarts. "Welcome! Welcome! To another year at Hogwarts. I have a few things to say before we become befuddled but our excellent feast. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher. Good luck to you professor."

A round of applause followed.

"As some of you may know," Dumbledore went on. "Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher for many years, has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be filled by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid!" Hagrid smiled cheerfully as Dumbledore pointed towards him. "Finally, on a more disquieting note. At the request of the Ministry of Magic, Hogwarts, until further notice, play host to Dementors of Azkaban."

Appalled murmurs filled the room.

"Until such a time Sirius Black is captured. The Dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now while I've been assured, their presence shall not interrupt our day to day activities. A word of caution, Dementors are vicious creatures. They will not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you, give them no reason to harm you, it is not in the nature of a Dementor to be forgiving."

This was going to be a frightful year.

"But you know," Dumbledore added, a much lighter tone. "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times," he waved his hand over a candle, which caused it to burn out. "When one only remembers to turn on the light." His waves his hand over it again and the candle relit.